Monday, May 16, 2011

A week later

Called the nurseline this morning, I've been consistently in pain down where she was pressing for the head from the ultrasound. Rolling over in bed, sitting up on the couch to get some water from the table, standing up, moving around is all un-fun, taking a walk around just the block without breaks is just agony. The nurse thinks the ultrasound agitated my round ligaments, so I'm taking Tylenol for the next 24 hours and trying an icepack, and to watch for any other symptoms like fever. I also decided I'm just going to stay on the couch today, not to try any feats like doing the dishes, and see if I can keep it from getting really bad in the evening like it has been. Here's hoping that that's all it is, not that I can really do anything for it then, but at least it's not serious. And actually I usually feel pretty good laying down, but right now I can feel some pain just laying here. Boo!


Oooh, mom just stopped in while she was out doing errands. She agreed with my bedrest, and was a good distraction for me for a bit. Alas that was mostly because she's having issues with the roofers, but at least it got my mind off my belly. Still waiting for today's first real good kicks from Peanut too. I can deal with whatever pain, as long as I know he's still in there doing good.


Went through my dresser yesterday pulling out stuff that I was sure I wasn't going to be fitting into in the next year. A little sad, but it's nice to have more room in there. Fortunately I preferred my tops on the long side, so I'm hoping much of my wardrobe will last, but I'm already noticing my tendency to grab the two maternity tops I do have when they're clean. Just that much more comfy/flattering.


I must have been suuuuuper tired this morning, I didn't stir to Boi's alarm going off or anything until he came in to say goodbye (I'd be seriously mopey if he just left me). But then I fell back asleep and had some nightmares, something about losing Peanut in Mexico to baby stealers. So usually I have the rule of no getting out of bed before 8, as the earlier I wake up the harder time I have getting over my morning sickness. So that made this morning even more fun, I kind of wanted to be in a pretty good place when I called the clinic, but of course the nerves of the unknown kept me agitated, so I finally just called.


Fist Baby picture time! This time, I present Peanut's hand/fist. Small and cute, looks like there's at least 5 fingers ;) He's all ready to sock it to my innards! I wish I had asked the nurse about the baby's size when on the phone. She got me a little nervous, she said something about me at 19 weeks and due 10/5, but then later on was like, oh, wait, here's your official due date. But it makes me wonder if perhaps Peanut was measuring behind. I wouldn't be too surprised, I guess, if my ovulation date was later then 'normal' but if you're reading this you likely know I HATE telephones and have mini-freak-outs when forced into using them, so I wasn't completely ready to start chatting up the nurse about anything I wasn't prepped to discuss. New information throws me for a loop and I need to absorb for awhile. So instead if I have to call back tomorrow I'll prep myself  to inquire about that, otherwise I guess I'll just wait till June 10th.


Oh oh! Baby kick! :D Time to relax I guess :)



3 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better tonight. I remember having sharp pains in the mornings when pregnant with Crystal. It was from the uterus stretching. Not fun at all!! Bed is a good thing and hopefully that will take care of things for you. Tell Peanut high from Great-Aunt Mary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops - meant "hi", not "high"!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, before the ultrasound I'd just get them sporadically, not all day. Fortunately while the first set of Tylonal did nothing, but the second and took the edge off for awhile, and the third seems to be doing the same. So here's hoping that if my body can't feel the pain, it'll work on healing, I don't have to continue on the regimen, and I can get back to just doubling over in pain every now and again.

    ReplyDelete