Saturday, May 14, 2011

Happy 19 weeks to go!

Yeah yeah, it's been a few days, but it's rather difficult to top a gender post. It's been a busy week, helping my friend I move (who I also saw at my ultrasound briefly on her way out from work, she kept me company in the interior waiting room while I was separated from Boi). I did amazing things like drive, held hoses/cords while the non-pregnant people moved appliances, and packed my car with light items. Then I played with an 11-month old boy while his mom helped them move stuff back into the house. And I'm going to her bridal shower in... oh... an hour an a half. Maybe I should shower soon?


IMG_0114 I never actually uploaded a picture of garage sale finds from weekend two. So here it is now. I've got most of the fabric stuff washed, still need to work on sterilizing though. Step by step though. Lot's of clothes, which I can say now, some of them did say boy on them. Kinda hidden, but now I don't have to re-gift those or save them for possible child 2, heh. Only a few toys, and a few books... which seem to be missing from the picture, and I can see them from my spot on the couch now :) But we were really looking for stuff that would work for the first year and that were in really good condition, and both books and toys do tend to get worn through.  We still have months and months and months.... but not much more than that!


Names I know are a big question from you guys, and while we do currently have a list of three names... I'm not going to release it. Not yet at least. None of them are names that we both love, and so either they'll grow on us more, or we'll come up with more. So it's still premature. I have no problem telling you that Boi is the problem with the names though! While he deferred to me on girl names, I'm deferring to him on boy names, and he is a hard man to please. I try to come up with at least one name a day that I think works with the last name and he might like. Other people have shot names at us too, but if I think it might be kind of iffy with the last name, there's no way he'll clear it, so make sure you say it out loud a few times, and again with any appropriate nickname before suggesting anything. You'll save yourself a lot of me having to just shake my head sadly.


TushInAir So this was one of my favorite shots going through it, though we're missing some of the cuteness where she took the still. For the first hour he was facing down with his head out of view, but this meant he was orientated so his tush was floating in the air/fluid/whatever. None of the pictures properly show it, but you can imagine it maybe. you can see his arm/shoulders on the right, his ribs in the middle, and his pelvis and bent legs on the left... and to the left of his tush was just more blackness, floating there. Guess you'll just have to trust me.


So I'm pretty sure when he's in the position shown, I won't feel him too much. Or not yet at least while he's still just under a pound. This was highlighted when we saw him move during the during the first 2/3 of the ultrasound and I felt nothing.His legs are facing in twoards my body where I can't feel it yet. Also he doesn't ever seem to come up to the top of his home in there, because all his kicks (which I now feel several times a day) are all quite low.


Ok, now I REALLY should go shower. Before the... uh... shower. And even though it might be showering when I leave.



No comments:

Post a Comment