Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction?

One of the ladies on my board brought this up, something I haven't heard of before, but sounding a lot more like what I've been suffering through the last few weeks than round ligament pain. From what they're saying their experiencing and from what I'm reading, they all call out some of things that make it hurt the worst: walking, getting in and out of the car, climbing stairs, turning over in bed or getting up from a seated position or laying down. Last night I curled up with a cat on the couch in an awkward position (I'm not known for thinking before acting!), and then found I couldn't get my arms under me to move myself (the best way for me to get to a sitting or standing position) and I couldn't move my legs without a lot of pain to get up, and had to call Boi over to help lift me up. Sighs.


Alas, it's not something that's likely to go away, at least until after birth. In fact it's likely to only get worse. There are a couple exercises to help strengthen the area to lessen the pain and wearing a girdle might help >< great, a girdle?


SO I called the nurses, we talked it over, and she agreed with me that it sounded like that what was going on. She said the only thing they can really do from their end is to refer me to Physical  Therapy. I told her I wanted to think it all over, talk to Boi, and I would definitely decide before my next appointment.


I knew growing a baby wasn't going to be easy, but I was really hoping to have as 'normal' of a pregnancy as possible. Oh, I also asked her the nagging question about Peanut's size on the radiology report. She confirmed that Peanut is measuring a week behind, but that my doctor chose not to update my official due date. Now I'm not sure if I can think, yay Peanut is -17.5 weeks and weighs a pound! When I know that, unless he had a growth spurt shortly after the ultrasound, and that's why he was behind, he won't get there for another week in reality.


Yeah. That's all.



2 comments:

  1. Sorry you're in pain. That better be one appreciative little Peanut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'll have something to hold over his head! Alas, he'll likely get my little attitude and respond with "it's not like i asked to be born!"

    ReplyDelete