Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Gender is revealed! It's a...

BoyParts Boy! He's got a penis and everything. I had her get another shot for me, because I wasn't convinced with the shots I'd seen thus far (not that I didn't believe her, but I didn't want lingering doubt), so she moved around a bit more and got the unchallengeable shot. So Peanut is a boy!


Peanut was, as I suspected, very low. Very very low. Bladder crushingly low. His head was so jammed down there the tech couldn't get any head shots for the first hour or so. She tried inverting me, rolling me around, but he was unwilling. Finally she had me go try the bathroom and told me to do some stretching, so I thought about it, and decided to touch my toes, and tried to give my midsection a good squeezing, and voila, when I straightened out I felt less pressure! Sure enough he had flipped so his head moved up a bit and was facing up.


PeanutProfile By the way for most of the images I post, you can click on them for a bigger version. So after he turned we got to see his little face. Mouth, nose, the black area is his heart, you can see his spine along the bottom. The doctor didn't get the radiology report before my appointment, so she couldn't tell me much (I knew I should have pressured the tech to give me the weight/height stats!) But she did say that the spine looked good, and we have a nose/lips shot that doesn't show any cleft pallet, so things from that standpoint looks great!


I think I'm going to drag out some of these pics :) So I'll put one or two of them up in each post for awhile. Well, the ones that I can distinguish at least, there are one or two that I'm not sure if it's an arm or a leg or what, and not all of them are labeled....


But clearly he's a charmer already :) Now if you'll excuse me, momma is still recovering from almost an hour and a half of having pressure on her abdomen, owww, as soon as we left I could slowly feel everything down there tense up big time, I assume as the initial excitement of it all started to wear off. We tried stopping by Target, but after awhile, even though I had temporarily walked off the tightness, I started getting queasy and light headed and had to go home and lie down for an hour before I started feeling human again. Still can't do anything but lay down for too long, but hey, tomorrow is another day, and if all I can manage today is a blog post, a few phone calls and an ultrasound, so be it.



2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! So, what names do you have picked out. When I saw you last you were totally undecided on boy names. Olivia and I loved the pictures. That second one is awesome. Even she could make out the facial features!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We still are very undecided on names :) But now Boi can't keep saying no to every boy name, so hopefully we'll get a good list in the next month or so. But like you we won't pick a name till he's born. Maybe we'll reveal the short list once it's a little more settled though.
    And yeah, it was so great to see him after he turned, though the head down, tushy in the air shots are cute as well :) Spoiler alert, hehe

    ReplyDelete