Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Woo Hoo Nursery!

LAST NIGHT SUCKED! OOooooooooooooh pains, I'm not sitting cross-legged on the floor again until October! We had finished painting and I didn't want a repeat of the other night, so I was going to remain in one position to help.... the moment I tried to get up, everything in my mid-region hurt bad! I managed to *fall* onto the bed once, after managing to aim at the giant Pooh sitting on the bed, and moan and groan it away kind of for awhile, put on a smile and went and helped Boi some more. Then after that was done, we relaxed and watch Craig Ferguson, but when we got up for bed, it was back to as bad as it was earlier. I couldn't move my legs more than a few inches to walk, and ended up crawling up the stairs :( Then this time I couldn't get myself into a position to fall into bed, so Boi had to lift my legs up on to the bed for me after me giving it at least 5ish minutes of effort. Sigh. 


Cribwallskairi But today it's a lot better, still not feeling as "normal" as I did yesterday at this time, but at least I can move around. And I have stuff to move around for! The painters tape needs to come down! The crib needs to be oooh'd and ahhh'd at! The whole room needs to be enjoyed! I need to put on my thinking cap for  how to complete the room! Still contemplating getting a new dresser too that will work as a changing table. Oh monies. I'm sure you noticed a picture  of the room to the right by now, just quickly prepped that corner of the room for a picture! Kairi got in the shot too - really she hasn't left my side in the last couple hours, she's sleeping on my leg now.


Oh wait, you don't care about her quite as much as you care about the picture! So everyone kept telling us to go 'bright' - and while I'm a HUGE fan of color, the 'light and bright' I usually shy away from. But I'm not one to paint in pastels either! And with a concern of mine of the color looking too much like the master bedroom (dark, relaxing, olive green) we decided to just the color that most screamed 'bright limey green!' :D I'm glad I took the jump and just did the whole room in it instead of using it as an accent. And it'll tone down once stuff goes on the walls. just have to buy a nursing glider chair, decide on the dresser debate, and then we'll really know where we stand on wall space.


Teddyswaddled Teddy got swaddled! Boi was such the champ with the crib too! All the pieces were easy to fit on backwards (and the sides still don't look right to me, but it's the only way everything fits together so I'll get used to it) Which meant of course that we had to go in reverse a few times. But whereas me, while trying to keep a smile on just wanted it to be either done or give up, he never even wavered and when we had to unscrew, he just started doing it all matter-of-fact. Even though it was almost midnight by this time. But now it's done! And pretty! And it's my blog I'll use as many ! as I want! And it's SO MUCH BIGGER THEN I THOUGHT! I've been around plenty of cribs in my day, babysitting and what not, but I so don't remember them being this big! Wider both in width and depth.


I'm going to see if I can't wrap my head around the closet either. I think I know what cuts need to be made, and how it goes together, but I'm also nervous about attaching it to the closet walls. I'm not sure what kind of walls are behind the paneling if it's plaster back there or if it was just paneled right over... might need to wait for Mom and Dad to be home from vacation - Boi works for the rest of the week so he's not going to have a lot of energy to think and figure with me. I've always been the 'just put a nail in the wall and hope it stays up' but I guess I shouldn't be doing that with my son's closet! Kind of afraid we're going to need special screws!


I went out for the mail and felt a good bit better :D So far it seems my careful mixture of not too much relaxation and not too much movement has loosened all those ligaments even further. Or tightened them up since the problem is they're too loose? Whatever, I walked fairly normally to the mailbox :D Time for a Victory Sandwich!


 




No comments:

Post a Comment