Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Sis!

My sister both had her birthday and flew back home today :):( Boi, Brother and I took her out for lunch, then Boi and I successfully dropped her off at the airport without incident. She should have arrived or be arriving soon, depending on delays. She will be missed :( But we did get to hang out while she was up here, so that was nice. Hopefully she had a good time!


Today has been full of ups and down. It started out baaaaaaaad. I woke up, it was 8 so I figured I'd get up... alas I got up and instantly morning sickness returned. Ugh. So then ended up back down and managed to drift off for a bit, Boi woke me up an hour later, I turned over, and felt the nausea start to creep back up, so I begged him for a piece of bread. So he promptly got it (after I assured him that I wasn't kidding) and about a half hour later it finally went away.


Not sure what brought it on, food helped so it was clearly Peanut's fault... but maybe he had a growth spurt and was demanding more food? Can kicks cause it maybe - he was especially active last night... to the point that if tonight doesn't go better, I may have Boi drag the recliner up to the bedroom for me to sleep on. Peanut's kicks are getting strong, and his cute habit of kicking against where my belly is resting on the bed at night is no longer cute. I don't mind it if he kicks out where the air can absorb it, but not when he kicks against something that isn't going to move :( And up till last night, he wouldn't kick against the right side of my belly, so I just had to flip until he dozed off and then I'd be free to return to my left side... but last night that didn't work, so I propped myself up and willed him to fall asleep, but then when I thought he did and I'd settle back down, WHAMMO!


So I didn't sleep great, I was sick this morning, and on and off queasy all morning. But then this afternoon seemed promising. We got lots done, Boi mowed, I worked on figuring out the carseat and other various things. I was feeling pretty good about it, but I wanted to get some man strength to test the pull tab thinger to make sure it was really as tight as it was going to get. Sure enough, when he got a moment, he came to pull.... and I had gotten it as tight as it would go! Woohoo! Mama is strong enough to safely move/install it!


I got it in via the latch system, and I was then going to test my abilities installing it with the seatbelt... but then I got a sharp pain on my right side. Very sharp, enough to stop me dead in my tracks and grab my belly. It happened a few more times until I got myself against the car to offset my weight, and eventually it seemed to go away. I figured I had just overdid it, and regardless Boi was done mowing, so we went inside to rest for awhile. Boi made some calls with consideration of maybe catching a Brewer game early next month, yay for productivity while relaxing! Eventually we decided it was time to get at painting. We both started to work on getting everything prepped (I had primed the patch job we did on the wall where the plaster had cracked pretty good so I was on paintbrush drying duty) but on my way back up with my self-assigned duty the pain came back :( I got to the recliner, eventually got myself settled with the paint brush and paper towels and set about drying the brush. It took till about the time I got it dry enough for me to be able to shift my weight in the chair w/o aggravating the pain. Sooooo I brought it up, figuring hey it's gone, I'll skip on helping with the painting, but I'll do little things... nope it's back. And now I no longer even need to be moving around, every 10 minutes or so I get a stab of it.


So now we're lounging around, me chugging water, hoping more hydration will help. And actually not - just chatting with Boi in the last 5 minutes I've gotten three. Talking maybe aggravates it? Well I'm going to assume it's round ligament pain, as that's supposed to be one sided stabby pain. I don't know why me not moving at all is causing it though. 


...at least Boi managed to finish up the first coat of paint! Can't wait to go look at it! He's AMAZING! Brought me bread, bummed with my family, mowed, made phone calls, and painted! He's such the keeper!



No comments:

Post a Comment