Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Weekend Over!

25 week old Peanut and I celebrated by going to bed around 9 last night and sleeping till 8. Sleep pattern is messed up, but oh well! From BabyCenter - Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. His weight � a pound and a half � isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but he's beginning to exchange his long, lean look for some baby fat. As he does, his wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and he'll start to look more and more like a newborn. He's also growing more hair � and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.


Jedbow The Shower! Jed wore a bow and a bandanna! I've got pictures from my wonderful Aunt M, who orchestrated my mom's siblings to get Peanut his crib, yay! but still waiting for the pictures from T and my folks :P It was a good time, K and Mom organized it with awesomeness, as I presumed they would, as they are awesome, my sister pitched in, people seemed to be having a good time despite the weather. Peanut got tons of sweet loot, a car seat from Boi's Mom and Grandma - sweeet, and tons of all the smaller stuff that would likely have driven me to the loony bin trying to shop for myself (being the anti-shopper that I am) from clothes, to toys, baths, diapers, moby wrap, booster seat, blankets, accessories, etc etc etc. Even the kittens came out ahead thanks to my friend I! And when the two little ones A and O started running around and playing, things just got all the cuter! Thanks everyone! Plus just about everyone who wanted to (and I think in a few cases didn't want to) got the chance to touch my belly, thanks to the photographers. I steeled myself and survived!


Going_home_outfits Kind of getting an idea of what Peanut will go home in. End of September.... could be a balmy day, could be a cold day - so right now I'm lingering on these two. A cute Pooh sweatsuit outfit we got from K, or just simply one of the authentic Brewer onesies I got for Boi for our anniversary. Suppose I also need to pick out some outfits for him to get photographed in at the hospital... and these are 0-3 so maybe a newborn outfit if he comes early or super small. Just to have one in mind since if he does - well I likely won't know what to tell Boi to run home and get if I don't have an idea! But I figure at least to count on the 0-3, should cover most of my bases.


So the nursery right now is being a PITA. A pain. My sister and Mom spent a good chunk of yesterday working on taking down just one wall of wallpaper, then Boi spent hours last night trying to finish up the wall (while I crashed for 11 hours). There's still the border... it's not going anywhere very quickly. But the bed is now out, it's a long day's hard work closer to being done. Someday soon the walls will be green, the closet will be redone, the furniture will be in, and I can go, hmmm what spaces do we now have to decorate. I've got a lot of art from my days as a Pooh nut which should come in handy, and we were thinking about maybe getting a nice big wall sticker, room providing. But that's all I'll reveal right now.


Went to PT yesterday and got fitted for a maternity belt. Then as we were talking about the pain, and not just what my OB prescribed, she attempted to also tape up my leg to my hip. They both yesterday, alas, didn't seem to do a whole lot, and when Peanut started rolling yesterday, I quickly took off the belt, him pressing out and it pressing in? Not a good thing! Maybe if my belly was bigger it would do a better job of just holding it up, but it covers up a good percentage of it at this point. But it also comes with a handy dandy insert that can get heated up for my back, that also could easily come to love. We'll give it all the ol' trial.


Ok... I've barely been up this morning and I'm already crying for a nap. It was like non-stop this long weekend though, so hey. I'll nap if Peanut wants me to!



2 comments:

  1. The shower was fun! I have the DVD of the video done and copied. I will make a CD of the photos I have and mail them to you as well. I made extra copies of the DVD so you can give one to your mom and MIL.
    Check out some photographer's websites to see the cool pictures you can have taken of newborns/first few weeks. Such cool pictures!! Theresa could take them. I'm sure that I can get Larry to come down shortly after Peanut makes his grand entrance and he can take some too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary, can't wait to see it :) And I'm sure I'll get around to perusing pictures soon.

    ReplyDelete