Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Domestic Goddess

Today is diapers day, I'm finally getting around to prepping my diapers so they'll be super absorbent. I've had the ones that need prepping hanging in a bag on the stairs (you can see the bag way back in my week 35 pic, lol) for quite some time, I knew I wanted to boil the unbleached stuff in dawn, as that's supposed to be like the same as 3 washes. And well, my pan was always dirty :D


But that's all done, and the washing machine just beeped at me. I think I'm going to throw the rest of the stuff, but not the covers, in, and then I'll give them all a dry.  Hoping I don't mess anything up!


Boi had a good birthday, or so I think. Between the two of us, we got some nice distractions for when Peanut is here, here's hoping he stops crying long enough for us to enjoy them. (I'd make a crack about the both of them crying, but let's face it, Boi is beyond solid, in fact, I'd be goo on the ground without him) Plus lots of yummy food, pie and potato pancakes oh my! Ooooh I think it's time for a list.


Reasons why I can't wait for Peanut to get here:



  1. I'll have a baby. Duh

  2. I won't be pregnant anymore

  3. Boi will be using his vacation time on us, and he's got an extra week this year ^.^

  4. Cute squishie bonding moments

  5. I'll have some new pictures to hang in the dining room

  6. All that hard work preparing will hopefully pay off

  7. Being able to move around without pain

  8. Labor worries will be a thing of the past

  9. Being a 3 person family

  10. Wearing normal clothes again


That's a decent list. It's not necessarily in any particular order.


We've got an appointment on Friday, and then the weeklys start up right away on Tuesday. The next appointment promises to be ...especially special. Boi for sure has Friday off, let's see if he remembers to bring home the schedule for next week. So far he hasn't missed a single appointment though :) But he's coming home RIGHT NOW which is excellent. I should go make sure things are ready for his arrival. AKA make sure it doesn't look like I've been lazy all day. Should be good though - dishes done, laundry put away, bed is made (have I mentioned the bed? Due to my hot flashes and hourly bathroom runs, we sleep with two quilts. Really I just use the blanket as an extra pillow though...) random shit picked up, diapers in their final wash cycle, cats and Peanut are still alive and have all been fed. What more could ya ask for?




No comments:

Post a Comment