Friday, August 5, 2011

Going on a jet plane...

PatrickStewart Neeeeeext weekend! Got our plane tickets, ordered tickets for the event, Boi's brother will be in town, everything seems to be coming up roses! We'll see how I do when we actually get there, but I see no reason to be anything but optimistic!


33 weeks, like pretty much now. 7 weeks to go. 49 days.


6 days till our trip. 12 days till my birthday. Ummmm 10 days till we hear Peanut's heartbeat again?


Peanut is what's important here! The little bugger has been (read: I believe) pushing out with his feet like 3 inches above my belly button. After a few days of that, its getting a bit sore. Here you go, straight from the web, a progress report on where he should be at!


"This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood."


Next week, 99% of babies have no problems breathing at birth. Cook baby cook!


My raspberry leaf tea has now steeped and it is going in my belly, it's not bad stuff. I haven't been drinking it long, but it's supposedly good for labor. Hey, if there's half a chance in hell that it shaves a little time off labor or the pushing stage, I'll drink 1-3 cups of it a day.


One more uncomfortable day tomorrow and then we're back into the 70's. I'm going to be giddy. Giddy you hear me? I will frolic in the streets (read: waddle to the deck) and sing songs of joy (read: not bitch about being hot) I think I'll even make chili and bread for Boi.


Happy weekend everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment