Monday, August 15, 2011

Baaaaaabymoon

I'm just going to type out everything as I remember it, so prepare for crazy length!


It turned out great. I was dragging almost the whole time (slept ~ 1 hour Thursday night and ~3 Friday night) but I think I was able to push it aside without getting overly cranky. The planes were both pretty stress free, got to go through the metal detector both ways so no worries about being pregnant with the new technologies. M&J were good fun and good sports, driving us around. I think I walked more this weekend then I have since my pains started at 20 weeks! We went to the Field Museum on Friday, the Horse exihibit was a bit lame, the Whale one was much cooler. Then all the animals were enjoyable - though I didn't see my favorite monkey, the Bonobo. We went over to Boi's cousin's house that night for dinner and had fun playing with their kids.


PatrickStewart2_small Saturday was the big day then, Comic-Con (Wizard World, whatever). Alas I only slept a couple hours, as mentioned before, but my stomach once again stayed pretty ok. M dropped us off, and we stood in line for awhile. There was an indian wedding going on outside of the entrance. Lots of loud music, dancing, and a horse - a bit crazy - but they likely thought the same about us :) We wandered around for awhile, oogling cool looking items, each of us keeping our eyes opened for a few things. They had very few kid specific things there, like they had cute toadstool hats, but only for adults. And also not a lot of variety in the plushies... so Peanut didn't get anything.


Then we came across the photo-op area, saw that Sir Patrick Stewart started around noon, so we went to grab some crappy food before moving on to it. We really should have wandered a bit further in as there was a better food court in the photo op area. Then we went back, bought our ticket, and wandered waaaaaaay far away to get to the end of the line. That line wasn't too bad actually, it moved quickly. When we got into the photo area, we noticed that A) he only shook hands with people who had their hands extended and B) if you were a solo female he'd put his arm around your shoulder. Boi immediately offered to just step to the side and let me take the pic alone so I'd get more squee-able contact... but I didn't feel right about that. And in the end I'm perfectly happy with my handshake. He also told me he liked my shirt :) We stood next to him, I begged the photo gods to let the picture turn out, and the next thing I knew we were being shown the exit, and I believe Patrick told us to 'have fun' and I responded in kind, but it was such a blur at that point. We verified with the girl in front of us at that point where the pictures would show up and about how long it would take, she figured an hour or so based on her other pictures (daamn).


Willywonka Then we decided to head out to sit out in the entrance area and chill out for a few minutes. So we relaxed on the side of a fountain and watched a little girl playing for a bit. Cute as a bug :) Decided then to check out the Q&A rooms since Patrick Stewart was to speak at 2. We found them easily enough, and the original Willy Wonka kids were supposed to start right about then, so we decided to sit in. We saw a small crowd on the side but ignored them. The Q&A was fun, Mike TeaVee and Veruca Salt were the most outspoken, lots of questions about the Oompa Loompas :) Of course when it ended, they cleared us out vs letting us stay. Sigh, by the time we found the end of the line, we could hear someone telling people that there were already too many people in line and they were cutting it off. So we missed the Patrick Stewart Q&A. So we wandered around a bit longer, eventually picking up a comic book for Boi, and we caught the Felicia Day Q&A at 3. Sadly I think I liked the Willy Wonka one a bit better, maybe we should have gone to the LaVar Burton one. But you never know ahead of time, do you?


I was beyond exhausted at this point, and M couldn't pick us up afterwards, so we started wandering in the direction Boi believed the train line was. We had just cleared the convention center when it started to rain. And barely any further when it started to downpour. Of course I can barely walk faster than a meander and we were stuck halfway between the convention center and the overpass, and my pelvis and right leg were already in searing pain from just that distance. Nothing much more to do then grip my leg (fricking feels like it's going to fall off when it gets that bad) and go as fast as I could. Fortunately when we make it there are spots to sit down, and I'm able to rest up and... stop getting rained on. After a bit, we start to get worried as we can't see the train entrance, which should be right around there, so Boi went off to scope up ahead, so if it wasn't there I wouldn't have to waste the steps. Fortunately it was :) and by the time he got back the rain was letting up, so we made our way on, at a happier slower pace.


The train was fun, once we figured out which way to go and how to get a pass. I've only been on these types of transportation due to Boi (first in Atlanta at his younger brothers, then in Philly with his mom) so it was still a treat for me. Then we got off the train, and lo and behold farther away then we hoped, so we got in my first taxi and took off. Anti-climatic to be sure, but the driver put Prairie Home Companion on so hey. M met us with an umbrella (yaaaaaaaaay I hope he meant to give it to me coz I took it - lol!) and soon I was back and relaxing on the couch, getting my poor feet rubbed.


We decide that we're going out, and likely for Peruvian food, but J is still out with the car and we decide to wait for her so it'd be one happy group. So we pop in a video and watch some of the bonus stuff for awhile, then she showed up. We agreed to go with the original food plan, and take off, just a couple block walk. The food was good, though the service was a bit slow. We got a pitcher of some cinnamon and clove carrot juice? that was tasty, and I accidentally spread my bread with super spicy sauce after asking and getting the wrong answer from J, she told me it was just butter :) We split some of my first ceviche, and it was tasty, but didn't really help the spice level on my tongue much! I was still feeling fine at this point. Our food came, I got lamb and rice and beans, and it was really good, plus J shared some of her cow heart with me, also very good. I got like... a third of the way through my plate, when suddenly I felt super full and it was getting hard to breathe. Peanut decided to move up into my rib cage. I got up to use the bathroom to hopefully get him to move back down, and I sat back down and felt a bit better... for about a minute. He was apparently still up there and started going crazy again. Now instead of just feeling uncomfortable, I felt lightheaded and sick to my stomach. Boi took me outside, and I collapsed against the building, the only thing keeping me from just dropping unconscious was my deep desire to throw up and the only thing keeping me from doing that was the fact that I was struggling to stay conscious and breathe. The air outside did me good though, and (I hope only) 5-10 minutes later we wandered back inside, all my organs back into working order. I got a doggy bag, and we took off. 


We got back, I laid down, still not feeling quite 100%, and they popped in the movie we were eyeing up before dinner. Then we went to bed. Fortunately that night I was able to sleep. I even fell asleep easily with each of my wakeups.  I'd wake up and tell myself, shoot, I'm kinda awake, I'm not going to fall asleep, and then the next thing I'd know it'd be a bit lighter outside :) We chilled out on Sunday, I ate some of my leftovers (forgot to finish it though, sorry M&J!), M, Boi and I played some Mario, and we went out  for hot dogs for lunch. I had a dog covered in.... pickled veggies, avocado cream and some other stuff, it was tasty I thought, though greasy. Then we went back and sat around until they managed to get ahold of Boi's younger brother, and they got him on Skype for awhile. But we were running short on time, and soon we were packing up (taking great care of the magical picture) and we made our way to the airport. Our flight was delayed, but only 15 minutes. Zoooooom on the plane, this time Boi got to sit next to me, we watched out the window, Peanut behaving better on the way back than the way there. We arrived without incident and Mom drove us home.


Lo and behold, there was a package at our door. Now we had an incident earlier the prior week. Said package was supposed to arrive on Wednesday and was a gift from my dad. On Thursday when it still didn't arrive, he looked it up, and the notes said it was delivered on Wednesday at 5:06 PM "to a woman." Definitely was not me, as I do my best to avoid all human contact. Alas, I went out on Thursday to chat with the neighbors to see if they saw anything, but came up blank. So 1 of 3 things happened the way I see it. Either 1) there was a shipping mistake and it was delivered over the weekend, 2) whoever accepted the package delivered it to our door for us upon realizing the mistake ( at least 2 days later...) or 3) Amazon agreed to send a second one out at no cost, but it was supposed to be then shipped to Dad's and not till like, today or something. So if he gets a second one, we'll know it's one of the first two.


Can't wait to see what it is if nothing else though ;)


So yeah, that was my Babymoon. Glad we got to use that airplane credit before it expired too. Taking it easy today, drinking lots of water as we have a doctors appointment tomorrow. I don't want to go in dehydrated and stressed out, that's for sure! That was a lot of fun typing, but I think that covers most everything. Time to take a break from typing - though I'll admit, I did this in a few different typing sessions! But I think I has a hungry now... mmmm.... dinner... if only we had food here....



No comments:

Post a Comment