Saturday, September 3, 2011

We're Term - Woo hoo!

37 weeks today! On average he should be around 6.3 to 7 lbs. The appointment yesterday was good, my weight is still under control, BP 106/70, Peanut's HB was at 142 and his HB went up when he squirmed so he appears to be free of his cord. Clean bill of health! I go in again on Tuesday and find out if I need to be on antibiotics during labor. Yaaaaaaaay. But only 10-20% ish of women are Group B Strep + (I believe those are the stats offhand at least) so I'm hopeful I'm not. I've never had an IV or any antibiotics, I'm consenting to a hep-lock, but I'd really rather nothing happen with it :)


After the appointment, we went home and started to get ready for likely our last 'trip' alone together for a long long time. Our local cinema stopped showing Harry Potter as of 4pm Thursday :( But I was not to be deterred, we planned on seeing it and timing just wasn't working out previous to today. It was playing in several of the bigger cities, so we printed out some maps (our GPS is dead) and  took off on an hour and a half trip to Green Bay. We got there, Boi went north when I wanted him to go south (I was thinking Red Lobster) and we ended up downtown, where we recognized the area and a local vegetarian restaurant we'd been to in the past.


So we stopped there and nommed, then headed to visit M&J and their daughter B.  B is almost 2 and very friendly, I asked her if I could hug her when I got there and she threw her hands up, and then wore our shoes around and wanted very badly to snuggle with me on my lap. Haha, what lap! We had a pleasant visit, then took off to see the movie, which we also enjoyed. We discussed dinner and decided to do Red Lobster after all - it was very yummy :)


Then we drove home, the Brewer game not coming in that great, but that was ok because they weren't doing great. By the time we had come back into good signal strength for our local stations, they started doing better! So the evening had a happy conclusion.


Boi went into work at 6 this morning, and quite frankly didn't get enough sleep. I suppose I'm as much to blame as him though, I could have scurried him off to bed, but I enjoy hanging out with him. He threw in his whites for work today and I stayed up to make sure his shirts got evacuated and hung up. Alas I discovered I can no longer reach the back of the dryer :( Gonna have to turn it on in the future to bounce some of the items in the back closer to my reach!


This morning has been a bit nervous though. Two hours into this morning I realized I hadn't felt Peanut move. So I cracked open a soda, downed half of it, and laid back, usually enough to make a parade start. Nada. I had almost gotten to another 2 hours and only 5 movements when my cat spooked me and him and he got mad for a whole minute. Then nothing for another half hour... desperate times came to desperate measures and I finished off Boi's leftover dessert for lunch. My squirmmer is back at the expense of a bellyache! But I'll take it :)


Let's see if I can make something out of today! Boi should be home at 5!



No comments:

Post a Comment