Tuesday, December 31, 2013

You're Sick, Stay in Bed!


Sighs, kid. You're going to kill me. Up this morning, still determinedly at 7AM. Who cares if you didn't fall asleep until 9ish. And woke up a few times (but much less than normal). Up at 7! Which is way too early for when your daddy doesn't even get home till midnight. And when you only sleep < 10 hours (with wakeups) and you're recovering from croup, you need a nap. Hands down you need a nap.

Ok, clearly I started writing this during nap time!


Well, we had a little fun this morning playing. It was a bit of a power struggle though, I couldn't wake up, Boi was struggling as well. But I tried to do nice things. I tried reading him his favorite book, he kicked and screamed at it. 20 minutes later he was happily reading it to himself while ripping out the pages (yay, it's a library book). The whole morning was like that. Scream for something, adamantly deny ever wanting it, then come back later to it and sassily have at it.

And really it's continued to be that way. Example: Ask for milk. Deny wanting it. Then later go in the fridge, grab it, and dump it all over the living room floor. I hope it's just lingering sickness that is doing this.

Nap time, another power struggle. Me: You're still sick and you're clearly tired, stay in your room and go to sleep. Him: No! I'm going to climb on this gate, throw things, scream and cough my head off! Me - after trying everything else: Then I'm going to hold the door shut until you give up and go to bed.

Fortunately that worked. He didn't sleep awesome, but he seemed to remember that he couldn't open the door, so every time he'd wake up, he just complain a bit and go back to sleep. Unfortunately we're going to have to start ignoring him at night maybe now too, we were responding to every wake up, however he's well enough now, I think, to fall asleep and stay asleep. So if he continues to wake up... he's just going to have to settle down on his own. It's so tough :(

Quick recap as I want to start a new post for today (Yeah, I didn't finish it last night) we got up from our nap, watched Thomas, then TV was off. Didn't eat much, same ol' same ol', doctor's office called about him to  check up, 3 call backs later >.> Went to visit Daddy at work, picked up some healthy food, came home and in bed, only woke up twice!

No comments:

Post a Comment