Thursday, December 19, 2013

A Day with Daddy and now... just go the f@#$ to sleep...

Listening him do anything but nap right now. Last night was just a comedy of errors and now all I want us both to do is lay down and close our eyes. But that's getting ahead of myself, eh?

Wednesday:
Boi let me sleep in, that's always a good start :) Eventually Peanut stormed up to get me up though. I slowly began to assess things when I noticed a text from grandma to go workout. Soooo I left Peanut with Daddy s'more and went to work out. Way to go Daddy yesterday, pretty much taking care of him all morning. I got back, helped put him down for a nap, which went very well.

We got some stuff done around the house, like cleaning out the fridge and doing a little bit of xmas shopping. Peanut was a little prince at the store, no yelling or complaining, happily looking at everything and occasionally wanting to redo his buckle on the safety strap. We put on our library copy of the Little Mermaid... and could only watch about half of it. As it kept skipping to the next section. But you know, it's fine. We got to see 5ish minute segments ;) I made Boi some bread, and some GF Banana bread. Used a new flour blend, it seems to be a bit more crumbly then the last, but I think that's because there was no xanthan gum. So what I need to do is learn how to correctly add the right amount of xanthan to flour? I can figure that out tonight. The flavor was still good.

He went to bed... ok. A bit late.

Thursday: First I think he was cold. He wanted 'choo choo' pajamas and the only ones we had clean were lightweight ones. Then I think he got too curious about me changing the temp on his space heater, and went to play with it. Well I squashed that. Then I think he drank too much water and peed A LOT. In the end, he didn't sleep well.

So, it was my day to get up with  him, so at 745, I was up and out of bed. I turned on the TV for some distraction so I could sleepily get ready for the day, and it was a new (new to me at least) episode of Dinosaur Train AND Sesame Street. So we watched DT and the first half of SS before breakfast. Which was of course banana bread and string cheese? I was feeling pretty alert at that point, Boi woke up and came down to play for a few minutes, then went to get ready for work. A 10-8 today, joy. My least favorite shift. He's basically of no use to me or Peanut all day. If... IF he gets out on time, he can do bathtime, really the only time that happens is when he comes home for that, dinner, then goes back into work. I thought maybe we'd go to Gma's and make those Xmas cookies we'd been talking about making, but alas, she was busy today. I knew she had a lunch thing, but I guess she had some other stuff lined up. Maybe tomorrow then.

Well, we don't do much of anything productive this morning I don't believe. I wrap a few presents from the night before... we read a story or 3. I contemplated building a fort but my engery level was tanking. I went to put on some fun xmas music, and I see the full original Frosty the Snowman on Youtube. So he climbed up on my lap and we watched that. I had a crazy craving for nachos the night before, so since I drove out to get the stuff for that last night, I made us up some sausage and nachos for lunch. Score! Before we knew it, it was naptime. Brush our teeth, read a few stories, off I went.

He didn't fall asleep. In fact he pooped. This is of quite some significance. It was solid. And during naptime, just like before when he was a gluten free diet. Which we had done yesterday, and this morning. I'm really about ready to just say, hay, kid. You're going GF with me. I wish he could tell me if it helped his tummy. But I know most people feel better when they poop normally, and don't feel well at all when they don't. There is no good way to tell if you're gluten intolerant, or worse, other then seeing if you feel better. His legs broke out again in his Keratosis Pilaris and his face is starting to look a bit ick. I now want to give it a few more days again and see if both of those go away, as eczema and KP are both signs of a gluten problem. My KP has completely vanished, that's for certain. Last time, we got a warm spell when we tried it, and warmer air is gentler, so there's no way to know if it was the environment or the food that cleared it up. This time, we aren't in store for nice weather. Unless you count 20s. But the protector in me is seeing him seemingly healthier without it. So... it should be the right choice for us? He can't tell me if he's got other symptoms.

Anyways, we tried the old, tv on the couch gag, but he got up and went to the fridge. Guess he was hungry? So after eating a bit, I turned on some trains to keep him still, gave him a diaper to play with and he zonked out.

I let him sleep till about 430, which is my breaking point on naps. Any later and bedtime will start to get rough. I had switched to a Looney Tunes xmas video to help him gently wake up, and started on dinner. Rice, peas, a little cheese and a little sausage. He ate it pretty well, as long as he didn't know he was eating sausage. Though I did end up going downstairs with him with it. The mood he was in though... we had a full blown temper in front of the fridge, and many mini ones throughout the evening. I got a little tired of it, and I took him for a quick trip to the grocery store, then thought maybe Gma had gotten the cookie dough ready to roll out. Alas, it had been a busy day for her, but we rolled on over for a short while anyways. Honestly, I just didn't want to risk being home for more tantrums ;) He was a sweetie over there though, as always, and then we swung towards home. I decided to go the long way, went through a few wealthier neighborhoods to look for some 'good lights.' We found some neat displays, got Peanut saying something like 'Ho ho ho, Berry alkdsjfaslfjlsdj' which was close to Merry Christmas, says I! He also said 'Choo Choo Light' a lot... but there were no trains. Oh well.

We got home, and we still had a little bit of time before Daddy got home, so we set to work vacuuming. Honestly, yes. He loves to vacuum. I don't do it enough with him, quite frankly. When Daddy came home, I mentioned that we had gotten 3 presents addressed to him. I was pleased, as I told him he could order me presents, and if it shipped to him, I wouldn't open them. Alas... they were not for me. But they were from the GG's for Peanut! I looked at the notes, and saw that one was an XMas book. It seemed like the perfect oppurutnity to practice opening presents. You'd think this would be an innate skill, but alas my Peanut... he does not open a present well. He gets distracted too easily, maybe he fears ripping the paper. I don't know what it is, but it was good practice. We read a few pages of the book before bed, but it's a long book and he gets antsy about new books, so we stopped there. He was super duper quiet actually after we shut the door. Hopefully my little monster can keep his eyes closed tonight. And Boi comes back from work sometime (I told ya, he only comes home on time if it means he can go back in)

No comments:

Post a Comment