Thursday, December 26, 2013

Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful

Ok, I took notes and some pictures along the way, however lack of access to my computer/ipad combined with very little sleep, hopefully I can recall the last few days as best I can. Also I'm not proofreading. It's too long and I'm sleepy. I might whine about being sleepy throughout. Enjoy that ;)

I woke up sleepily Sunday morning, pleased that it was not my morning to wake up with the boy. I slumbered out of bed, sleepily replied to a text from Grandma, and went to hang out with my boys. I was going to have a busy day cleaning, so
I wanted to soak in some time with Boi before he left for work. Grandma texted me back. 'Check Facebook.' Uuuhhhh.... ok? So I open it up... and there's a picture of a truck in the driveway. I only know one person with a truck who would elicit such a simple statement out of Gma. Uncle A had surprised us all and come to town.

So to heck with cleaning, Peanut and I got ready to head out, kissed Daddy goodbye, and ran out to visit with Uncle A. We had a few hours of fun in there, before I had to head out to Ntown to see Boi's family. Of course that also meant that Bupa had to run the trains some more. Plus we kept him awake so he would sleep on the hour+ drive to Ntown.

It was time to go, actually it was a bit later then I was thinking, but I lost track of the time. I didn't want to get there earlier then Boi's family, but I didn't want to travel at night. 330 was cutting it. I also just grabbed a few emergency items in case we decided it was too dangerous for us to drive back. So off into the snow Peanut and I traveled, it wasn't too bad until we had to start driving on the back roads. But we arrived safely, Peanut stuck to my side for ~10 minutes and then started opening up to his other grandparents, uncles and aunt. Plus it didn't hurt that a dog was there ;)

He charmed everyone, played with balls and jenga blocks, ate potatoes and avocado, opened up a RC car, got into general mischief, and had a fine time. Took me... felt like maybe 45 minutes till he would falls asleep and calm down.

We watched home videos, eventually Boi got close enough, I drove out to meet him. I started to fall asleep on the couch so I went to bed.

Monday:
Didn't sleep. Peanut was stirring too much, occasionally wanting to climb into bed with me. Eventually Boi came to bed and Peanut wanted in and I gave in and we co-slept, if you consider me not sleeping cosleeping. I crashed on the couch for an hour instead.

Around 7 they came out, we watched WallE while trying to snooze a bit more, he watched happily for awhile. And Indiana Jones a little later on while preparing breakfast.

The Boys were supposed to make breakfast, obviously you can't ask a 2 year old to wait a few hours to eat, so he made him and I some eggs, then later Boi made toast to contribute.

Exhausted, I decided I couldn't stay any longer. We drove home through the snow, I was feeling rather ick so Gma watched him while I shoveled and tried to do stuff. Shoveling was all I could handle.

Went back, had chili, tried to stay awake. Came home, bathed Peanut and we both fell asleep. And I finally got some sleep.

Tuesday:
 Woke up, Boi was back at work, Peanut watched cartoons while I wrapped presents and got things ready for us to be gone for awhile.

Visited Gma and uncle A for an hour to help me chill out after stressing and hurting my neck. Got gas, came back, Peanut watched Thomas while I did a few more last minute things, like running the dishwasher, and putting notes in the blog here.

Waited for Daddy to show up, had wrapping paper cut to match the expected last minute gifts, the car running, all set to go. Took off, I drove down to MLtown, Peanut napping the better half of the drive (daddy too).

Got there, ate dinner and some Egg Nog, we checked out the decorations and the cat in the dog crate. Opened presents and caused mischief. Got lots of neat things, like DVDs, a train set, clothes and more. If I were more awake right now, I'm sure I'd be able to rattle off the whole list, but nobody wants that, right? Right. *yawn*

Said goodbye, took off into the cold snowy windy night. It took extra long to get to Ntown, since visibility was low and the roads weren't too great. Got there safely though, Boi and I were able to keep our spirits up, took Peanut in... and for the next hour attempted to calm him down. He screamed and he cried and he writhed around. At one point I took some video so I could remember the happy memory. Until finally he fell asleep with his full weight like... on my neck :/ I gave it as long as I could hold out and shoved him off of me, and fortunately he stayed asleep and I put him as close as I could to his now equally passed out daddy and attempted to fall asleep on the 1/4 of the bed that remained. At least I ended up sleeping a bit better then the first night, however it was in short bouts as I switched from one arm falling asleep to the other as that was the only real way I could fit on the bed.

Wednesday:
Peanut woke up around 8. We headed out into the living space, and promptly woke up Uncle K. We bummed around for awhile, snacking on some breakfast items. There were many a video call and regular call around the world to relatives.

Then the present opening began. Peanut has become a bit of a pro at unwrapping, you just needed to tell him he had another present to unwrap and he'd leave the dog food or the car and come over to help. He scored lots more neat stuff, including more books, cars, cash register, a grover doll and a penguin.

Lunch was served and enjoyed. Uncle K served a tofurkey and Abuela a ham. We cleaned up all our stuff and helped clean up after the mess of presents and lunch, but Peanut with his lack of sleep was fading fast, so we bid everyone farewell and took off. The drive home was much more pleasant, far from snow free, but the best drive yet. Apparently this is the most snow we've gotten at xmas in like 30 years. Woohoo? We got home, and somewhere along the way I was either glutenated or just the stress hit me. So it was a bit of a not so fun night. (Edited to add: And a mouse found it's way into the house, so the whole family pulled together to help catch and release that guy) Plus Boi went to work, and had to work late. However, Peanut and I trudged through, we looked in his stocking and found that Santa left him new bubble bath! So we filled the tub up above the jets, started it up, and got some really awesome bubble action. He also went to bed early and slept through the night. Can't complain about that! We went to bed early too, I had a bad headache (part of the reason I suspect gluten, I always seem to get one when I slip up) so no point to staying up and watch Craig.

Thursday:
This morning Boi rolled out of bed with the Peanut right around 8am. I soonish followed them, and got ready for the day. Boi and I started cleaning up the kitchen. You know, moving the presents and cleaning the dishes that didn't get in my last ditch effort while running around. Making room to make waffles! I had a new waffle maker and new maple syrup as xmas presents, and darn tooting I was going to put them to use ASAP! Used up the last of my rice flour, but it was still worth it, they were pretty delicious. And I have a little bit more to use tomorrow morning. Or maybe tonight as a snack? Mwaa haa haa! It was a chill out kind of morning. We had things to do... and none of them got done. To be fair, I did take care of two of them after his nap, but I don't think a single thing on my list got done before his nap. We spent a lot of time just going through stuff, all lazy like. We did open up presents from GG this morning, a few excellent new books :) I made some veggies and smilies for lunch, and then the boys went to brush their teeth and Peanut went down for a nap.

He napped pretty well, asleep quickly, but it was clear that the cough I shrugged off the day before had become a thing. Every 10 minutes or so in the monitor there was coughing. Poor bug. After an hour and a half, he woke up at 3ish and we turned on Thomas, didn't really feel like he got quite the rest he needed, so I was determined to have some chill out time afterwards. Then we thought we'd slip over to Gma's while Uncle A was between stuff so we'd see him a little, well, after stopping at the library of course. I made dinner, cheesy quinoa, wasn't as flavorful as I would have like, but Peanut liked it, right up to when he got distracted and wanted to get down. But Gma saved the day with brownies and cookies. That's saving the day, right? Sure, why not :) We headed over to Daddy's store then, I let him roam around without a cart as there were only a few other people in there. Niiiiiiiiice and quiet. We enjoyed a lunch break with him, picked up some much needed milk and some convenient cereal, and headed home.

He immediately headed downstairs, so I started on this ^^ intermixed with playing with toys to the tune of the Pink Panther of course. Priorities, don't'cha'know? Bedtime went well... if you consider reading books in the dark well at least ;) He wanted the lights off, so I did, finished up everything and turned them back on to read... and he got upset and hit the wall with his hand, demanding I turn it back off. Soooo we read stories in the dark. Fortunately I had 2 of the 3 memorized, and the last one enough to fake it. Then I told him no more, not in the dark at least. So a kiss goodnight, and he was asleep in 20ish minutes. Lot's of coughing, but he's staying asleep. THE END!

I've got a lot of videos, maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment