Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A New Week has begun

Monday:
So Monday. Woke up twice that night. I'm going to keep a food log and match it up to sleep patterns. Because at this point he's fine with his bed, and he should be able to consistently sleep through the night again.

So on Monday Gma volunteered to babysit. Peanut was at her place A LOT, Friday Sunday and Monday, but she volunteers to babysit, right? :D So we went over and worked a little bit on her scrapbook and took off. When I got back a bit later, Peanut ran over to me excited, slightly distracted that I brought over one of his trains to stay at Gma's (HE HAS SO MANY TRAINS) but then climbed right up on me and I had no choice but to snuggle him for a good 20 minutes.

Then we went into the other room, we read the Froggy book, and then he wanted to read the Cow book, but it was on the sofa and not with the rest of the books. So first he jumped down saying 'one more!' I asked him which one he wanted. 'Cow.' A few seconds later 'Where'ditgo?' I told him to look on the couch, and he happily went over and said 'book.'

It was a pretty awesome conversation. Then he went and ate scalloped potatoes and not so much the peas. He doesn't like them as much at Gma's. Then we swang by Daddy's work, under my friendly influence, he remembered to ask to switch his shift on xmas eve to leave a bit earlier. Score. Peanut downed a pouch then was super greedy for Daddy's lunch. We did some light shopping and headed home. It was almost bedtime already so we quickly did the bath thing.

After he went to bed and I checked on him, he was completely zonked, I realigned him in bed, refilled his humidifier, he didn't bat an eye. Pretty sweet.

Tuesday:
Of course then he woke up 700 times. Yay. Running on fumes today. Got up with him, got him ready for the day, moved around slowly, then suddenly remembered Boi, somewhere around 4AM, said he'd take Peanut to story time solo today. He knows he can sleep through a lot of the waking up, but I'm stuck awake until he finally completely falls asleep. SCORE!

Yeah... apparently he did really well for the first two stories, liked the song, then fell apart. So they were back in a half hour flat. I spent a lot of my free time today finishing up xmas gift stuff. Yay... Ummm... What else. Blanking... blanking... He was liking his truck a lot. Oh I made lunch, chicken for me, pasta for Boi, and Peanut ate some of them both. Then we went and tucked him in for a nap, and Boi left me for work.

After his nap we turned on PBS for what was supposed to be a few minutes to wake up, and it was a new Peg + Cat. And I've fallen in love with her so we HAAAAAAD to watch the whole thing. He downed some of his cereal he had left out from breakfast (or I suppose, I left out from breakfast) and then he wanted cheese. So I got him some cottage cheese.

He was doing really well till it got to the end and it was harder to scoop, so I got together a last spoonful and asked him 'one more bite?' And he replied back, 'One more bite.' My heart swelled! That was, I think, his first for real three word phrase! 'Daddy, whereyou?' or 'daddy, Iloveyou' don't count as the phrases are kind of like one word to him. But first he said 'more' then he started to say 'one more' then he tacked bite onto it :D Then later that night... he said 'Need help, mommy!' I'm dying here people! We were playing with train stickers 'green choo car' or something like that. So not only are we using new 2 word phrases, but a third word stuck in there. Please oh please let this trend continue. He's also getting really into saying 'happy!' I hope he understands what that means, we have been working on happy vs sad.

I went upstairs for a minute, and I heard a clunking coming up the stairs. He was dragging the gallon of milk and his sippy up to me. So... we could still use that bit of communication where he ASKS me for something instead of just bringing me stuff... but you know :) It was cute. Not that he's supposed to take the gallon out of the fridge or anything, he can grab his milk or go in there to show us what he wants. Otherwise it's 'not a toy.'

Then we turned on youtube to google 'Twas the Night Before Xmas' videos, so we could talk a bit more about next week. He doesn't listen to me very well, but he gets it a bit better when I'm talking about the pictures on the screen. I think. At least he doesn't run away to pretend he's a train then. We took the pictures then, that's why he's transfixed looking over my shoulder. But then I said we were done and he ran over and turned off the TV.

Eventually, things came to pass that he was running around mostly nakid... and I decided it was time to brush our teeth.  HAH! We read 'Noisy Train' 'Thats not my Kitten' 'Goodnight Train' and finally something new, the 'Eyes Ears.... yadda yadda' book. And I was free for the night! It's 11 now, waiting for Boi to call... I'll go enjoy this video and wait for that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment