Sunday, December 29, 2013

Last Day With Uncle A

PJs need not match!
Sunday! I'm happy because Peanut is clearly feeling a lot better. His eyes look tired, but not super sick. He's coughing a lot less,and he's only got a low grade fever. He still woke up tons... but what else is new? We woke up this morning, no cartoons on, the PS3 was stalling, but he laid there and watched whatever cooking show cuddled up with me. We stayed there for almost an hour, before he decided to get up, and I got him some cottage cheese. He had a few bites and lost interest, instead sucking down some milk.

Daddy got up and they shared some cereal, still not a full normal breakfast, but food is food. He and daddy went to play on the train table, my stomach was bothering me. But they came back up to visit on the daddy train, so they were having a good time. Cartoons came on and we aimed to get him settled a bit. Too much play = coughing = pain = puke. Nobody wants that! I made some smilies... Peanut ate one. Maybe. 

We hopped in the car, daddy was getting ready for work, we headed for Gma's. We  ooooh at grandpa's trains, ran the one he had out. A quick change, a story, and down for a nap... back up  to change him again. Yay, normalcy again! And he took a short nap. Gpa bought a new train dvd, so they curled up and watched that, slowly driving out Uncle A and I from the room ;)

Yummy milk while Uncle A sleeps
But then we were up and playing, reading books. Uncle A gave me some photos he'd taken that had gotten almost forever lost. Peanut snacked on a little bit here and there and was acting a bit more normal. Nothing too much out of the norm that I remember. But then the best surprise of all, Daddy showed up during dinner!!! I got hugs in! Alas, he showed up because he was going to have to work a split shift as the closing manager was sick. But nothing to be sad about, because now we got to see him, and otherwise Peanut wouldn't see him till the morning. Which reminds me, we were going to stop at the store... left my list at Mom's... sighs. But it was sad because it was our last day with Uncle A, he's headed back down the long road home early tomorrow. Safe travels Uncle A, we enjoyed your visit, even if there wasn't a lot of quality fun time to be had, thanks to uncontrollable circumstances!

Peanut got a daddy bath, which is always fun. So much fun he was refusing to leave the bathroom! But we eventually got him out and in some new pajamas. No real complaining. It took him a good 45-50 minutes to fall asleep. Which I'm strangely thrilled about, because he was playing up there instead of sleeping :D :D :D So far he hasn't woken up either.

2 more days of daily updates. Which is a good thing, I could use a break ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment