Monday, January 16, 2012

Wheat :(

Grammy came to play tonight!
So, as you've read, I eliminated the 'big 8' from my diet. 90% of food allergies in babies come from dairy, soy, wheat, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish. We knew for sure he was allergic to dairy. When problems persisted, we assumed soy as well since about half of the babies with dairy allergies are allergic to soy as well. But then things still weren't good, the colic, the gas, the extreme fussiness when eating. So I dropped all 8 and started on the probiotics. Things got good. Things were normal kind of normal as of late. I introduced peanuts and eggs without noticing anything major.

So today I introduced wheat. He was quite fussy his last awake spell, but I chalked it up to just being tired. Put him to bed, went back downstairs to relax, as he's been good the last few nights... but after 40, the crying started. Not the inconsolable, the, I'm so tired but my tummy hurts cry. The, I'll fall asleep and then wake up every minute or two. For 30-60 minutes until I finally am so exhausted I'll just cry in my sleep. Then just whimper until I'm in a deep enough sleep :(

Jump, jump jumperoo!
So no wheat for me I guess. I'm trying to look up how long this one usually lasts (they say dairy allergies often start to go away after 6 months) When he's back to sleeping normal, guess maybe I'll try fish, as I have some salmon in my fridge. Hopefully I just stick with 3 allergens and I don't have to add more. :/

Boi has off tomorrow, and again Thursday and Friday, then 4 days off next week. Compensation for over the holidays. We can't wait! He should be home in 30ish minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment