Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Formula/BM Slurries... Not Cutting It


So we've been trying to give Peanut Nutramigen (the second most expensive standard formula you can get, for dairy allergies) along with giving him probiotics, and well, things have improved a bit. The inconsolable crying is gone (yaaaaaaaaay!) but... he's still not sleeping. He still seems disturbed. He'll drift off... and then he'll wake up and cry a couple minutes later. But he does not like the taste of the formula, and isn't a big fan of bottles anyways, so I have to mix my milk into it, and he gets a little less upset about it. But I've invented a new rule, if he is clearly not going back to sleep, he just goes in his swing. End of story. Bedtime is fucked up, I'm not suffering anymore. Or more then I have to. Then, if it takes 30 minutes or 2 hours, when he's been asleep for more then 20 minutes, we smuggle him back upstairs. It's worked the last two nights. And I can still watch Craig Ferguson. I really wanted to keep him in his room, keep him sleepy, but... at this point, and with looking at another long string of days of parenting alone... yeah.


Yar. So we picked up our snowblower, Peanut approves of it. Also we got a Taggie Car from Uncle A, when I gave it to him, he had a nonstop oooooo look on his face. Right now he's figured out that the tires crinkle, and it has tags. But this is a good toy that will grow with him, it rattles and honks if pressed right. So I'm pretty excited about seeing him with it in a few weeks. I'm thinking about trying a little bit of rice cereal sometime. He just needs something to get him past that light sleep phase, the formula wasn't enough, or hasn't been enough, maybe some rice cereal will help? I don't know, it's just another one of my thoughts. It worked for Logan's online girlfriend, Poppy. But her doctor recommended it, mine just said start with probiotics. And I'll definitely give it a few more days to 'work' if it isn't already at it's max efficiency. He is a ton less gassy, I hardly ever feel it anymore.

Progress is progress though, not going to knock it. As long as he keeps up the not screaming. I should go to bed, since he's asleep, just all the anxiety keeps me running. Tomorrow I'm going to be well fed though, no cans of string beans and bananas and bacon for me, real cooking! Yay for Moms!

No comments:

Post a Comment