Saturday, January 28, 2012

I'm Still Counting Weeks - 18 tomorrow!


His cheeks are getting better! Oh-so-glad! Hopefully he will take one last nap tonight and then sleep well tonight, he hasn't napped well so far this evening, so there have been many naps... I hate many naps days. Getting him to go to sleep over and over again is tiring. And he's rubbing his eyes, time for another nap!

Cranky little bugger is rocking in his swing, he's had enough of being held today, he just wants to chill out. He was fighting sleep, but he was having some restorative quiet time so I let him be. He shouldn't lose his nook as long as he's in that mood, and be asleep soon enough. ... unless he sneezes. Nook back in!


Soooo tonight I've got to get his clothes put away, I'll do that when he wakes up. Maybe replace the batteries in his swing tonight, though he shouldn't be using it tonight. We're doing pretty well with him self soothing himself to sleep in the crib. As soon as he starts fussing, I go back up and replace his nook, and then he's pretty quickly out after that. Sounds like his diapers are done in the dryer, if I weren't feeling so lazy I'd go down there and get them out and start stuffing. I also should really email Mr T about the bathroom renovation. Heck, I'll just do that right now.

Done. Ok, so I've done something at least. *yawn* I'm going to try to get to bed before 1 tonight. Hopefully I can fall asleep. If he's asleep by 10, then that should work. Alas he wakes up a lot those first two hours, so we'll see what happens. And either the girls are getting really good at emulating Peanut, or he just cried in his sleep, which is unusual for a nap. He must be realllly tired.

So the side by side comparisons. The blanket it 3 weeks - 17 weeks, and the chair is 5 weeks - 17 weeks. Sooooooooooo big! And now he can relax his legs out easily, and keep his hands unfurled. His hands are sooooo soft!

Gotta start thinking about childproofing soon. Bleh, I guess might as well start slow, take one thing a week, like outlets and such one week. Not sure what we're going to do with the dvds. The plan is to keep him in the lower floor more once he gets active. Of course then I also don't know what I'm going to do about the laundry room for the cats... one step at a time. He's not sitting independently yet (though I will admit I thought he'd be doing better by now, he's still just sitting for 5-10 seconds). We'll see what the next few weeks bring. Besides stress with construction people in the house.

Ok, I'll go get the diapers out of the dryer...

No comments:

Post a Comment