Thursday, January 5, 2012

102 Days!

He balanced by himself for 4 seconds!
So I missed posting his 100 day 'birthday' the other day, but so it was. 102 is just as cool. We've been practicing a lot of sitting up lately. I got him to sit up for about 4 seconds. Then Boi got him to sit up for a few seconds the other day too. So far not so lucky today, but we did a lot of sitting up practicing anyways :)

He's 14 pounds!!! Woo hooo!!!! 2 more pounds and he'll be in the minimum for size 3 diapers! Which is good, as I've got just about a month's worth of size 2 diapers left for overnights, and I don't want to start experimenting with cloth overnight until he's stopped with the colic.

Playing with his toy from his Auntie Mary M
(ok, watching the lights)
So we went to the doctor today. Boi went into work 2 hours late so he could go with me, way to go him! Peanut had an episode last night, he woke up for his regularly schedueled screaming, but this time he seemed to pass out and his breathing was altered for about 10 minutes. Obviously scary, and with his past lung problems I wanted him checked out. But he was good, the doctor theorized it was reflux + crying = stuff going down the wrong pipe. But it's hard to say for sure since he's fine right now. But that's good! The last thing we need is a serious medical problem! And we got another NICU bill today. Yaay. Not. I think it's the last one at least, which is good, I dislike seeing our savings getting completely wiped out right before we get the much needed bathroom remodel.

It's a plan at least.
So he's got some probiotics in him now, hopefully they do the trick. It seemed to make him unhappy for awhile after I gave it to him, and he refused to settle down for a crib nap. So now he's been on and off asleep in his swing for.... oh......... over an hour now. Excellent rest while those little buggers go to work repairing his system. It couldn't have been easy for him, first the antibiotics, then mommy eating all that dairy, and then whatever else he may or may not be allergic to making his feedings more fussy. His system just hasn't been able to catch a break.

I feel so super tired today. I guess I did get pretty stressed out over his episode. And then he didn't sleep that great, waking up at 3, 5, 540 and 8. Plus I'm trying to get more active (goal workout above, currently modding it down a lot), avoiding any real cardio so my milk doesn't suffer, but strengthen up. Also I came up with a cleaning schedule, after hearing from another mom about hers. While it's kind of stressing me out trying to get the extra stuff done, I really like having a plan. And not living in a house that seems to get dirtier faster than I can keep up with it. Mom's supposed to be coming over with more plastic sheets for the scrapbook, and then she'll chill out for awhile here and let me actually start. Not sure how late she's staying, I'm sure not late enough to help me endure bedtime. Send positive thoughts our way tonight that I can just chill out in his bedroom with the kindle and he just wakes up every 5-10 minutes to cry instead of crying for hours on end tonight. I won't have anyone to swap with or to rub my feet as I helplessly rock him hoping that it ends soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment