Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sleep is for the Weak!

Ok, we're trying the crib tonight. I don't know that it's going to help a whole lot, but maybe it will be great. I barely slept again last night, we ended up napping till after 11 just to try to get the required amount of sleep in short bursts. We tried a few more things last night to stop his mid night thrashing and grunting, but it didn't help.  So I guess maybe if he can't sense me, maybe that will alleviate some of it. Like we have discovered that I can't give him a bottle, and he won't take a bottle if I'm around. Maybe it's a little of that. Which I don't entirely buy because he will sleep like a rock on my chest. But we'll see. A few nights isn't going to hurt anyone, and Boi doesn't work tomorrow so if it's more of the same, so be it.


CdSwingTomorrow he's getting professional pics taken, thanks to K and her family (I love you guys and many hugs). Kinda early, but we can handle it! Especially if we manage to get some good sleep.


We had some more firsts today, we had a few more coos (specifically an uUuu that melted my heart) and we tried on cloth diapers for the first time. The prefolds were huge, but we got on a bumgenious pocket dipe on at the smallest setting. Contained his pee just fine! So yay! We saved a sposie dipe already! Look at how cute he is with that green on his bottom :) And those giraffe leggings that definitely were too big :) He's so stylish! 


Then after a bath (mmm he smells fresh again!), we went on the activity mat, and he was staring at the yellow toy pretty hard, and kept trying to swing his far arm over to it, so I pushed him closer to it and after a few more tries, wham, he hit it :D I'm impressed, I figured it'd be a week or two before he actually hit it seemingly on purpose! Right now he's supposed to be just mainly tracking items with his eyes, but he's been doing that forever <3


BumboThen after some more tummy time, just for fun I grabbed his bumbo chair. Boi plopped him in. And he sat there like a champ (note the chair supports the back of his head, angled slightly backwards and I was there for the moment his head started to look too unsteady)! He seemed to like it too! Not to mention he looks kinda like a peanut in that pic. Though rainbows... elephants... future politician in the making? I hope not! Astronaut!


So that was today! I also made chili today, mmm healthy food, and it was I think my first real cooking? Too bad all we have are unhealthy snacks. Tomorrow I'm going to (try to) get some more healthy foods in the house. Only a week and a half or so until my restrictions are lifted and I can start to exercise a bit.


Strange how I can't wait. Maybe more so I can't wait to feel good enough to do it. Though this last weekend I've progressed to not always noticing my incision. Pro yo. Can't wait till I rarely notice it!


The dude is now asleep. Feed him in a half hour and then hopefully we'll all hit the hay. :D Wish us luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment