Wednesday, October 19, 2011

8.5 Pounds!

So this morning, after his diaper change, I carried him down to the scale and did the mommy+baby-mommy weigh-in technique. A week ago, nekkid Peanut weighed 6lbs 14 oz, this morning, Peanut+clothes+clean diaper weighed 8 1/2 pounds. It may not be official, but he's clearly gaining weight! People say it's obvious, but its harder for me to see since he's constantly by my side. But I decided that his smallest sleeper is likely too small for him, it doesn't look like he can fully extend his legs anymore, soooooooo I'm getting my wish :) I tried on a bigger one, and lo and behold it didn't look too huge. So new outfit every day from here on out says I!


HelicopterHe's waking up, time to go soothe him! Ahh, content happy sleepy baby. He's got a bit till the next mealtime, napping is good. If he goes down to sleep after his next meal, I'll likely take one with him. Mmm. 


Well, hmm, maybe not, Boi is supposed to call... Oh I have some time. He's coming home tonight, yay! Then he doesn't work tomorrow! Ok - just found a happy medium. Ended up feeding him afterall, then we came back down to the couch and he's napping on my chest and I can still type. I couldn't do this ... I doubt even a week ago, with his weight on my stomach. I think this will be our new favorite position soon :)


Ok, and now he eventually got too fussy to stay there, but now he's in his swing while I eat food and he's reaching his arms up at the fishes above his head :D that's the first time I've seen him follow the fish with more than just his eyes. Clearly, he's going to be president. Or an astronaut. Or a baseball player. Mwaa!


Oh, I also fit into a pair of real pants today. That is all :D



No comments:

Post a Comment