Tuesday, October 25, 2011

One Month :)

KiraLoganRestaruantPeanut is one month old today! Doo dah! Doo dah! Peanut is one month old today, oh the doo dah day! Peanut celebrated this morning by fussing through a chunk of the night, but then getting breakfast with Grandma and Auntie K. He dressed up for the occasion in a fancy, but still way too big for him, train vest and outfit. Innit he a cutie?


We attempted a nap... or three in his crib. He'd go down for a few minutes just fine, but then wake up screaming :( So right now he's sleeping between my  feet, not really great, he keeps fussing in his sleep, but better than he was upstairs. We were thinking in the next few days if we can get a good nap out of him to try him sleeping in the crib, as he's a bit of a loud sleeper. So maybe if he'd sleep longer if I didn't eventually wake him up just because he was keeping me awake. I dunno, we'll see how this week goes. Boi has ... two more weeks of vacation I think? It would be nice if we were sleeping a bit better for when he has to work 5 days all the time again.


ActvityMatAuntie K got him an activity mat! He's supposed to start working on tracking things with his eyes and experimenting with his hands. He's hit the toys once so far when he sneezed, and a few times with me helping him. We'll keep trying it every day and see how he grows. He's already great a tracking things with his eyes. He is getting lazy about progressing his neck muscles though, his next awake period we'll work on that.


His spitup is getting worse too. Just things to keep an eye on. More fussing, more spitup, maybe it's just him getting older, maybe it's something else. I do think I changed my first completely poop free diaper this afternoon though (everyone loves the diaper talk). I now have high hopes that he will someday be more regulated! Yay for growth!


MaroonFamilyThe last few days have been great, having Auntie K here, my Aunt M and Uncles, we finally got a few nice-ish family pics. We ended up both wearing maroon, unplanned but it worked out well. Poor little boy, it was about 50 degrees, we had him all bundled up then exposed him for the pictures in Mom and Dad's backyard. At least he was awake, right?


I had him propped up on my boppy pillow after his last feeding to try to prevent more spitup, and I was sitting there and decided to try to get him to smile. And he was! Several times I'd give him a great big smile, kissed his chubby cheeks, tickle his neck rolls, and he'd give me a grin. I called Boi over, but then we only got a tiny smile out of him. Smiling is hard work! He is also cooing now, not sure if it's socially or randomly, but definite new sounds.


We're taking weekly pictures, and I'm working on a monthly face pic. I have a good idea of how I want to do it, but not 100% there yet. We still have 8ish hours to figure it out.


Two new albums, one just documenting all his outfits (that we remember to take pictures of) :
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/112061147386819194738/albums/5665216703437019505?hl=en


And his weekly growth pictures:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/112061147386819194738/albums/5667530369841915505?hl=en 


And finally, a video!




No comments:

Post a Comment