Friday, May 11, 2012

7.5 months

What has been going on. Peanut has been going backwards, or spinning in circles like a pro. His favorite thing though is to do downward dog - stick his butt in the air and stretch out his arms and legs. Like he's going to somehow stand from that so he can walk around. You can dream boy - you can dream. He's getting better at pulling up and staying balanced, playing while standing and only holding on with one hand. Raspberries are super cool, especially while he's eating. Clapping is really neat, he will often mimick us clapping. Also the other night for the first time, I signed him milk and he signed it back. I need to be more consistent about signing, but that's a good sign!

Suddenly out of nowhere he's stopped being shy with the mirror and doing as close to a wave (read:wants to slap the mirror) as I've seen him do. Hopefully soon he'll start waving hello and goodbye to people. And today I saw him, rather haphazardly, go from all fours to sitting. How's that for a nutshell of what he's been up to? :D Oh, and he's officially tripled his birthweight. From 6lbs 5oz to 19lbs. My chunky monkey :D

We had an unhappy evening. I brought him in for his evening nap, and he just screamed and screamed and screamed instead :( We had given him some teething tablets earlier, but they must have worn out. So I got him some Tylenol but I ended up having to cancel the nap :/ We'll see if I regret that decision later. But we have managed 2 successful two nap days, but he didn't nap too great today in general...

We went to Rib Mountain today. That was fun, though maybe I just shouldn't have bothered strapping him into the stroller the number of times he was in and out. I want to go with him to visit all the state parks in WI. It seems like a good goal for a baby. Nothing too grand, but something to get us out of the house.

Last weekend was the neighborhood garage sale in my mom's town. We got a lot of good stuff, including what seems to be the best find for his current age - this train that has 4 balls that move around when you hit the button and music plays. I'll have to get a video. Best part? It was only a dollar. Score! I wasn't sure about it, but mom pushed me to get it - I'm glad she did!

I'll try to get back into posting more frequently so I have more daily updates rather then 'this is what has been happening the last two weeks' SO SORRY KK COME AGAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment