Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

Yesterday was Mother's Day! Alas, it wasn't too swell, but at least not due to Boi. He did good - he got me boxes of mac and cheese, wine, and left a few notes for me around the house. Peanut however drove me to eat red velvet cake ice cream with cream cheese frosting. Doesn't he look sweet here? Yeah, on top of everything that drove me to get this ice cream, he cried the whole way home ::sigh::

Today he invented a new game. He was standing and playing with his toys in the clothesbasket, me next to him (he still doesn't exit standing well most of the time) when he reached out to me. So I took his hand, he took a step towards me and grabbed my other hand. This filled him with much glee and he slapped my chest to show me his excitement. Then he turned around, reached for the basket, and completed the circle. Then he did it a few more times :D Big boy!

I made him parsnips and sweet potatoes for dinner tonight, thinned it out with some water and the rest of my stock. I'm not sure what it was, but something in it had a tang... and he did not care for it :( So I grabbed some green beans, and he gobbled that down, and I tried mixing in bits of the parsnip food... and the more parsnipy it got the less he liked it. Seriously kid? Momma loves the parsnips, it's those beans that are nasty :/ I'll blame Boi.

Craig Ferguson is in Scotland tonight, and Boi is working late... again... I'm going to finish up my mother's day wine and watch Craig and wish Boi was home ::sigh::

No comments:

Post a Comment