Saturday, April 28, 2012

Teething Returns and a Proper Post


We had two glorious days teething free. Then after his afternoon nap, he seemed crankier than normal. I tried to keep him distracted, and usually he's always up for 3 hours before his evening nap... but after 2 hours and change, we were so mournfully upset and sad that I got him down early :( His nose is getting runny/snotty again, and he felt a little warm as I was rocking him, and then when I tried to stand up and put him down, he protested mightly. The same as the beginning of the week. Hopefully this time they cut through :(

Though before the shit hit the fan, we had some productive fun. See picture on the left. He started with his head by the car, then he back and turned to play with the piano, and then as I took this picture, he was slowly backing his way into the couch, where he got stuck and I rescued him. That's the farthest he's backwards scooted yet! And remember that walking/riding toy I got him for his 6 month birthday? Well, first of all I stuck a 5lb weight in it so it wouldn't move quite so easily. Then we were standing behind it, and he was standing with it quite well, and then he pushed it forward... and stepped forward with it :D Of course a few times he started to topple sideways, or his feet didn't move when it went forward, but it only took about a month for him to be able to really start to use it! Yay! Can't wait to see how he's doing with it in another week!

Then we were playing pull up and cruise after toys with the clothes basket. And he made the corner -twice- ! As in, by himself, he shuffled his hands and feet from one side of the basket to another side. He can also stand there and play with a toy he plucks out of the basket, and today when he tried to pluck out two, balanced for 3 or 4 seconds before he plopped back on his butt.

Yesterday Mom and I took Peanut to a baby play time at our local museum. He had a blast, I was too shy to say anything to the other mom's, but Peanut was curious to look at all the babies. Next month he might try to interact a bit more, and maybe I will too if any of them are familiar :) Then we went and picked up our clay projects, and had lunch with Uncle A, who's moving away to Houston, where Auntie K also lives :/ Seriously? Austin seems to be much more their style if they were going to go to Texas, but hey, I guess you live where you have a job.

I know it's kinda silly, to be so excited for Peanut to be moving and crawling, and that as long as he's relatively immobile life is easier for me, but hey, I'm a mom, I get excited.

He's going to be waking up soon. I dedicated a nap to blogging... 8 more minutes of freedom, unless he somehow manages to sleep longer, but I doubt he will. Tomorrow Boi has off, and I'm going to see if we can't update our videos with his latest achievements, but a lot of the walking/cruising/standing stuff I'm too paranoid to try to film it myself, and I don't normally like it when I try to just put it down to film from far away, it cuts off heads or all I end up seeing is my butt :/

Oh, I almost forgot, Mom and I went garage saling after all the fun yesterday. 2 sweater vest three piece sets, 5 footed pjs, 2 rompers, 1 fall jacket, 4 sep pants, 1 hawaiian shirt, 1 'muscle shirt' 2 two-piece pjs sets, 3 onesies and 2 toys for like $25! I love garage sales! And next weekend is the village wide sale day, and mom and I have a favorite neighborhood of families that tend to have nice stuff to hit up. Can't wait to see if I can't find a few gems there!

Maybe I can find some really great baby geeky stuff at the same place we got all the anime a few years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment