Friday, December 2, 2011

End of Mini Vacation

IMG_1049It is ending soon. It wasn't entirely relaxing, but it was different and good. Boi got off at 4 on Tuesday, and then had off Wednesday and Thursday. On Tuesday he came home tired, and Peanut had had his appointment. The day started out funny, his sleeping has slowly been getting better as the milk protein has left my system. At it's peak he's sleep in 1-2 hour stretches max, and not always even make it an hour. Then he would manage maybe a 4 hour stretch to start with and 2 hour stretches after that after the first few miserable nights. So I figured that morning when he woke up at 7, that he'd have me up at 9 no problem. His appointment was at 1045 so this seemed perfect. No the little bugger decided he could sleep a 3 hour stretch, so we were rushed and I forgot to grab my list of questions and the immunization schedule I wanted.


His appointment went good, I went in and signed some more papers, then we measured Peanut, he came to 21.3 inches, but I don't believe that, I've been measuring him longer, I thought she did a weak job of straightening him out as she was doing it, and then we the charts came back he dropped from 25% to 1% for height. Bad nurse is bad. He weighed in at 11lbs 5oz, which was a jump from like 15% to 25% (aww my chubby monkey likes to eat!) which was also less than I had him, but it my scale obviously isn't that accurate and I always just did it in a (clean) diaper. So I won't argue that one. Then after her fail job at his length, she measured his head three times because 'it just seemed like such a big jump.' Fail lady, the charts showed that it was the proper amount of growth. His head is also at the 25%. So much for our predictions of a huge headed kid!


IMG_1055We went back in and I told her we were non smokers about 50 times (didn't we do this at his last appointment, wtf) and gave her his reactions to milk. Then the ped took her sweet time coming in and he was starting to fuss so I just held him close and we did some dancing to cheer him up. Then she came and we discussed my shot schedule (she had to look it up, as I forgot it thanks to silly Peanut, and I only for sure knew what vac's I wanted that day - DTaP and Rota) but yay for the internet it was quickly found. I was amused she wasn't more familiar with it, as it seems to be the most popular alternate schedule. But I guess that's small towns for ya. I asked if there was anything additional we should do considering his allergy, she said that he'd be fine, as long as I supplemented my calcium. Which according to on-line sources, fruit flavored tums contains dairy, so FML, I'll have to get some plain tums.


Then whatever whatever whatever, nurse comes in, and slowly gives him his oral Rota, he eats it up very good. Then she gives him his shot... the ladies on my board have said that the first shot their babies didn't even notice, so I figure just let her go at it, otherwise some of the ladies said their doctors let them nurse while they gave them the shot to help distract the babies. So of course Peanut screamed and cried during and after the shot :( Maybe I made the wrong choice to just let him brave it out. So then the nurse left and I nursed him till he was calmer, we packed up, made his 3 month appointment for two of the shots we skipped that day, and headed out.


IMG_1051So then from noon to 5 he alternated from screaming his head off to sleeping heavily. I gave him Tylenol as soon as we got home and again when Boi came home around 5. He was calmer when Boi got home at least, and was willing to play a little. We put him to bed at 8, he woke up at 9 and cried for an hour, then again at 11, crying in pain/discomfort. Poor baby :( But then after that he slept fairly normally, despite Boi's dire predictions. 


On Wednesday Boi spent a good chunk of the day trying to finish up the baseball cards for his families Christmas list (I tried to talk him into something that would take less time but I lost) and while he did that I was on Peanut duty. At least Peanut was happier. Then when he was done we switched, and I worked on getting them on-line. Peanut slept pretty good that night slept 5/3/3.


Thursday Boi promised me the day off from Peanut. And it was good. He took charge of putting him down for naps and making sure he had stimulating time and also comfy snuggly time. And just brought him over to me on the couch whenever he got hungry. I got a good bit of work done, along with some household stuff like dishes, laundry, etc. Boi also installed the new light fixture during an abnormally long nap by Peanut. Mom stopped by with a toy for Peanut that played classical music. For right now he likes watching the pretty lights it makes, I'll have to see if he likes one song more than others. We went to the bank to set up a savings account for him, but I was a fail mom and forgot his social security number. But we stopped by Ace and bought some more batteries for his swing and Boi picked up some christmas lights. So now we're a festive household. Alas the plug doesn't seem to be linked to a switch, so we have to go outside to turn them on and off. So they're likely going to be off a lot, lol :) I'm working on a candy cane christmas wreath, just got to get it really sturdy still.


Peanut went to bed pretty easily, he got a bath, then Boi read him a story, he ate and was asleep within 5 minutes after. He usually wakes up briefly about 30 minutes after we put him down for some reason, but goes back down easily... but not last night.  Not sure if it was just simple gas or maybe some delayed discomfort from the shots, but after 30 minutes of listening to Boi try to settle him, I went up to help. He wasn't breathing very easily, likely thanks to all the crying, so we put drops in his nose and sucked out some mucus. He was a bit easier to keep calm then, but still would stubbornly not close his eyes. It was 11:00 when he finally passed out in my arms, I carefully transferred him to his bed, and we snuck out. We didn't get a very relaxing evening that night :( But then he slept till 5, and then he woke up again at 830. I went in to feed him, and d'oh, after I started I realized he hadn't had a diaper change since his bath. Sure enough, he didn't eat well and was very fussy. So I changed him, tried to get him to eat some more, but he'd had enough of that and just wanted to jabber. So I brought him downstairs, and he's now napping in his swing, I'm blogging, and Boi is watching the Price is Right.


So there you have it! And here you go, babies aren't just for cuddling and cooing: 




No comments:

Post a Comment