Saturday, November 5, 2011

4-6 Week Growth Spurt!

IMG_0788Looks like Peanut had his growth spurt, hoping that's why he was so inconsolable for me this week. I had him on my lap on a pillow, suspected he was longer than he ought to be since his feet weren't on the pillow, so we stretched him out best we could, and came up with 22 inches :) So he's grown about an inch, give or take, in the last week. I'd be fussy too! I guess that means that the two tiniest newborn outfits that barely fit him last week are now down for the count (striped monkey and the light blue sweet little boy). I'll put him in the other newborn one today and see how that one still fits.


After the couple super awful nights of sleep for me, I went ahead and took a Tylenol PM. Bad Mom! I know, but the interwebs indicated that the main problem with the sleepy part of it was it decreased supply, so it was one of those ok in moderation things. So taking it one night isn't the end of the world. And it totally sucked getting up to feed him that night, but so worth it in the end. I slept like a champ, I've slept great (for me at least) since. I typically sleep like crap when I haven't slept, so I guess for me just like Peanut, sleep begets sleep. And he's slept ok, 4, 1, 2, 3 the night after the last post, then like 3, 1, 2, 3 or something the night after.


Not sure why both nights he only managed one hour after the first stretch. And the last few times I swaddled him for bed, he had his swaddle half off and uncomfortably close to covering up his face. And with the one I was using he basically can not move his right arm at all so it was impressive of him to manage it. So I've decided to just stop swaddling him. I was on the fence about whether it was really helping him sleep better/longer anyways. Plus if he can move his hands, he could possibly manage to get a hand in his mouth and comfort himself back to sleep. 


IMG_0791LAST NIGHT THOUGH, I so wish there was an easy way to just know. I had my first glass of milk last night since I cut out dairy a few weeks ago. And he was up EVERY HOUR last night with gas. Was it random? Was it the milk? And he couldn't get himself to sleep after 6 so I gave Boi the big eyes and he got up to try to calm him down. As long as he doesn't work early I don't feel too bad giving him the big eyes. He can sleep whenever however, and once I'm up, naps are near impossible, so it's better for me to stay in bed and keep sleeping, and send him to bed once minimum sleep has been achieved by me. Speaking of which, I need to go wake him up and start his lunch.


Done! So yeah, sleep. It's all about sleep. If I just drink mainly water, it'll be cheaper at least, and cutting out dairy in might make weight loss easier. And then in general, making sure he sleeps in different positions, making sure he isn't always falling asleep while nursing so he learns he can also just fall asleep in his rock 'n play... hoping he doesn't become too dependent on just me singing/rocking/nursing him. Mainly for my own sanity. Because that was the only way he'd sleep for me, aside from a car ride, those couple super fussy days this week. When he would sleep that is.


Oh yeah, and enjoy the halloween pics. Managed to get a couple cute/interesting ones out of him yesterday!



No comments:

Post a Comment