Saturday, July 30, 2011

Stanley the Dragon

Just saying, Peanut's Dragon is going to be named Stanley, not anything silly like Norbert (cough speed-re-reading through Harry Potter before we go to the movie). I need to go visit mom so I can check out how the dragon is coming along! I just think they're cool, dragons. If you have your own pet dragon, then you have a protector! Who's gonna be mean to you if you have a dragon to sic on them, am I right? I need to keep an eye out for a really cool dragon stuffed animal. It's gotta be just right, you know? Not too wimpy, not too scary. He's got plenty of Pooh stuffed animals, and other animals to live in the 100 acre wood with them, but no dragon to protect them.


I guess I haven't updated in over a week. Oops! Happy 32 weeks! Peanut's -8 weeks old! Tuesday we drove down to Milwaukee to visit Boi's mom and grandma. Everyone was good, ggma seemed to be recovering well from her surgery, hopefully that continues! I got to explore the city a bit more and got to eat cinnabons and sweet and sour pork. Peanut was pretty quiet up until the trip back up. Then he decided that he wanted to press on all my organs giving me a symphony of symptoms while I was trying to ignore my headache.


KariChair Boi has been working hard since, fairly long week - 6 days on before his next day off on this coming Tuesday. And then he came home to find out that my dad and brother went out and picked up the chair yesterday. Which of course meant that he got to put it together for me :D The angle of the pic is a little funny, I kind of feel like I'm a tiny person in a huge world in this pic (though our walls are apparently taller than standard) And then we thought about the placement of things, and moved the dresser to the wall with the start of the tree, so I could easily reach water or burpcloths or whatever I need while in the chair. So success!


Sudden desire for waffles... and to work on finishing that tree now that the chair is in.


So now already I like to go up there and sit there. It's still got a little bit of warehouse funk to it, accentuated by the fact that we shut the door last night with one of the cardboard boxes and the chair in there so it built up a bit, I'm hoping it's mainly the box, just since that's the easiest thing.


Speaking of warehouse funk, we're back to looking at getting a mattress, don't want the cheapest bottom of the barrel model, but I suppose I'm not going to get away with a $250 100% organic mattress. On my board several women were saying they loved their semi organic model, two stage mattress (firm on one side for infants then softer on the other for a toddler) coming in at a reasonable price, and looking at the reviews, I was ready to jump on it, but then I clicked on all reviews, and there were a few reviews that had come in just this month saying that despite everyone saying it had no odor, there's did. So I'm guessing maybe either they changed the way they were making it or there's a problem at the warehouse... or maybe just the warehouse there's was being shipped from? 


Not sure how important it is to have a softer mattress for a toddler, other then the fact that I personally hate firm mattresses. I found another one with that feature, it costs more, but I think it's just under the minimum dimensions my crib dictates (it lacks saying the maximum though, which I think is weird).


32weeks Specifically how are Peanut and I doing (besides exhausted - Boi was snapping photos last night and kept telling me that I just looked tired in all of them, lol)? Well, I think Wednesday was the best day for us this week. We got a lot done to boot. Thursday I'm pretty sure I was sick/miserable for most of the day... and yesterday I was in a lot of pelvic pain and super emotional. I even broke out the maternity belt, since the one time I really noticed it helped was when I felt a pain similar before, but it didn't do a whole lot, other than removing a little bit of the pressure. I blame Kairi, as she was going CRAZY so I went to go gather her up to give her a little loving and calm her down, but picking her up didn't feel so good. I'm not sure how I'd handle it having a two year old running around like she was! Just deal with a lot more pain I suppose!


T and her daughter O are coming over later in the afternoon, so that should be fun. And it sounds like there will be food too:) Hopefully they make it this time! Gonna try to tidy up a bit (somedays you really just need a reason to do it) and then I'll feel like a better stay at home mom to boot! Yeah I know, I'm growing a person, but I'm still going to feel a bit like flake after Boi comes home after being gone 12 hours if I haven't at least managed to get dishes in the dishwasher or something.


Speaking of which, it's now noon. I should get started!



No comments:

Post a Comment