Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Woo it's the Pilot

Ugh Morning Sickness, I've been feeling on and off iffy for the last week or two, but yesterday just sealed the deal. We're slowly redeveloping our <20 week miseries. Fortunately I was headed for mom's for lunch, and she nursed me back to health with Mountain Dew and crackers, and they made me a special burger. By the afternoon I was back to my happy self! And luckily this morning I'm doing pretty good, reaaaaaaaallly hoping I'm feeling ok Thursday morning.


IMG_0172IMG_0173IMG_0175 Ooooh Pretzels! I was being taunted the other day by soft pretzel posts, so I decided to just go and make my own. Yum yum, 'twas a process, but they turned out pretty darn good. Lots of fun crazy stuff with yeast and baking soda baths. We're still enjoying them though :) Clearly it was best fresh, but reheating them in the oven does an ok job!


Yay Campfire! We had a campfire last night, to start burning all the wood that's fallen so far this year (much much wood, we didn't get close to burning it all) Alas the mosquito's were abundant, so it was hard to enjoy. But we got to get our pyro on, and mom showed up and helped to keep us safe ;) Alas, chocolate was forgotten so vegetarian s'mores couldn't be enjoyed :( but there's always a next time!


Oooh Video! I have another one that I tried to edit with clips and credits and such - but I'm having issues so here is the raw pilot!



I think it's pretty fancy.


So Thursday is going to be tough. Gotta wake up early, take care of normal pre-appointment stuff, start eating before 7am... then at 745 chug my sugary flat fanta-y drink. Do that in 5 minutes, then people online recommend rinsing my mouth so I don't then lose it. But I can't eat or drink anything after that. Then we have to be at the clinic by 830 to make sure I get my blood draw at exactly 845. Then my appointment after that... I imagine after that I'll need a nap to recover. As you can see, having morning sickness that morning would seriously screw things up. Then once we're ready to go, hop in the car to drive down to Milwaukee for a Brewers game. Hopefully I survive the trip down! Then crash, visit with Boi's dad, and head back up.


To be quite honest, I'll be happy when the weekend comes. :) Maaaaainly due to the blood draw. How I hate those!



2 comments:

  1. I love the video! You look cute. And I am totally hungry for pretzels now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I warned Boi that if I kept it up (which I think will be nice to look back on one day) he's going to have to at least appear occasionally. I think I got an agreement out of him, as long as he's just getting prompted from me and not literally doing it himself.
    I still have one if you want to swing by ;) I think he just missed it though, so if you can't get here soon it'll just have to be a happy surprise for him!

    ReplyDelete