Friday, July 22, 2011

We've got a changing table!

Ok so this post is just getting completely revamped from last night now that I'm on the laptop and not stuck in a hot corner on my desktop that I quickly posted last night. It looks like it's going to be a long one!


Happy 31 weeks! Peanut rang in the occasion by pretty much sleeping through the night last night :) No partying, no kicking the bed, I was able to just curl up and wait for sleep to come. Though I started dreaming about spare tires.... and then my brain couldn't get off of the subject, so from 6-9ish when we got up... it was a bit weird. As I'm sure you can understand - there are only so many directions you can go on the subject, my brain attempted them all.


ChangingTable


Last night, the cats were upstairs guarding their new precious item - a changing table, gifted generously by K's Mom and Dad (Madre and Hercules). I'm so excited :D I'll need to order a changing pad to go in it (and maybe some more diapering supplies :D) and some covers for it I suppose.... Oh and I need to order some boppy covers, we've got one from 'I' and it's a beautiful one but I'm not naive enough to think it's going to stay clean all day :D I'll also likely need to look into a mattress pad, hooooooopefully T will be dropping off O's crib mattress and it'll fit and everything, but I want to get measurements for everything, as I keep seeing comments on things as I was making my registries or just researching products how things were just a half inch or inch smaller or bigger and just that difference alone made things look/feel sloppy or even unsafe... so I think I'll try to get these all in one big order after I can measure things.


We had a coupon for some disposable wipes (seen on the dresser), so I went ahead and got them even though we're planning on using cloth wipes. Plus people have said it's a great place to store cloth wipes too, you can get them a bit damp and  store them in there... or just store them dry in it and use a spray bottle. We'll see what we like best :)


I'm not sure about the placement, other than that wall is likely best for the changing table. I might be able to shove in the dresser next to it, but really the best plan is to wait for the other huge item we're waiting for, the glider. Once that is in, we'll be able to see where's the best place for the dresser. I also still feel weird about hanging pictures until we have final placement on items... but we didn't fill in nail holes, so I guess I could still go in and just pop in a few things... hey, what the heck, I'll go do that right now.


Treeandpooh Hmmmm ok, I've got another problem. In my head I was going to use some of the Pooh art I had in my teenage pooh obsessed years, but the frames on these are super super light wood. The crib and the chair should both be a dark cherry, and the dresser and changing table are a medium tone. I was fine with those two, but adding in the light wood just feels... wrong. Plus, you can see some of my experimentation with the tree art, and that also is very dark. Maybe the room will be less Pooh than I alternatively was thinking and we'll go back to fantasy land. I do have some frames I can use that are nice and dark, I'll just have to create some art for them then. We'll see how this sits with me a bit, who knows, maybe I'll decide just to stain them.... but prolly not. Sigh.


Survived a dentist appointment on Wednesday (BP 104/76) and an OB appointment yesterday (BP 96/68 - It keeps dropping, oh no!) Peanut's heartbeat is still good and strong at 144. Didn't gain anything (haha stupid bloat from last time) and my stomach only grew 1cm when it should have been 2 :( Hopefully he catches back up at my next appointment. And my feet just... hurt. They're not swollen (well, not in the morning), they just hurt. I guess that's just from walking around barefoot with this extra weight? I'll attempt to keep at least some cushioning sandals on as I walk around for a few days.


Last night I finally did some cooking. Like real cooking, with measuring and dicing ingredients, thawing shrimp, multiple pans cooking. Made a creamy tomato sauce with shrimp (though I first cooked up some mushrooms for the Boi) over pasta, and even waddled out to the deck to pick some parsley and basil to top it. And it was tasty :) we ate leftovers for lunch today.


On Monday we find out if Boi might be able to get off a few days in a row to fly down to Chicago for Comic Con. Like a birthday gift for me because Patrick Stewart will be there :D It might just kill me, I can't imagine there will be a lot of opportunities to rest and sit down (unless I do as S suggested and cosplay as Prof X - anyone live near Chicago with a wheelchair?), but surely it will still be worth it! Gonna go dream about it... or do some work. Whichever.



No comments:

Post a Comment