Friday, July 1, 2011

Heat Wave!

It's Peanut's first day with 97 degrees and heat index in the 100's. I think we handled it well - we spent it hiding out in the bedroom! With the A/C! Well, technically as long as we were in bed we spent the bulk of the pre-boi day napping. So I'm pretty awake right now... which isn't the greatest thing in the world. Boi has one more 6am shift tomorrow... so he's already in bed so the air is out of reach for me. 


BUT right now we have the cold front bearing down on us, sporting happy little storms. I think I already hear the wind starting to pick up! *checks radar* it's pretty gosh darn close now, even if we don't get a red cell, I'm going to be pretty gosh darn happy. Hopefully it's blowing colder wind itself, I'll open a window and bask.


In general we just got over two bad days. Well - most of yesterday was just... one of those days. And the night before just kept getting worse. I felt pretty sick by the time Boi got home, a weird sick - I think it was Peanut induced. I think my stomach is changing shape. (RAIN! FASTER THEN I THOUGHT!) It just looks like it pushed down a bit - which would explain the odd pain/pressure I was feeling for awhile. Not like I'm fearful he's dropping or something, just more change.


OOOoooh, there are already little branches rolling down the street, and lightning form far away lighting up the sky. AND the light flickered. Not sure why it did that though, no lightning in the vicinity yet. Just heard the first thunder even. 


So today I decided that if nothing else I NEEDED to get out of the house. So fortunately he got home on time (5ish :D) and we tried Pizza Hut, but they only apparently (power went out for a few seconds! woo! yay laptop - yes I unplugged it) they only serve their buffet on Wednesdays :( too bad he was looking forward to stuffing himself and I was looking forward to cheeeeese! So I was like, ok, chinese buffets don't do it for you, so how about mexican or like IHOP? So we did El Mezcal :D Shrimp Chimichanga, and he took my lead and tried the Bean Chimichanga. It may not be the healthiest thing in the world, but it's guaranteed to fill you up AND it's kind of like a mini buffet on the plate, hehe. PLUS AIRCONDITIONING!


So that was good and nummy. And we came home and wow'd for a bit, then the other day a guy on FB linked to a future interesting looking kinda Star Trek movie, and in the related by bit, it had a link to (ooooooooooo fire trucks? but seriously - still no lightning in the proximity that I can tell - weird) (ok, glanced at the radar, there's a giant red cell missing the house by a few miles, looks like the greater city area is getting hit though) what was I talking about? Ahh, anyways, we watched The Captains' Summit, which was good.


Closet I promised some pictures, and today I'm finally going to give 'em up! Here is the closet - it's all fancy and sturdy - got the clothes in there (Peanut will not be nekkid!) and a few other random knickknacks. We're getting it bit by bit done. I figure it's better that way, if I just tried loading it in, I'd be redoing things till I was blue in the face! And that's no good for Peanut ;) (sips water to stay hydrated)


I have a hungry. I just finished off the strawberries in the house... there is more fruit, but I dunno... I could have cheese melted on grilled bread! That would be delicious! Or I could resist... it is 5 minutes till midnight.


Well, for now I'll resist out of hotness and pure laziness.


This picture is really tall, I want to post the next picture


...


 



Packnplay OK! So here now we have the pack'n'play, thanks large in part to my sister's gift card! (Also sporting swaddled random teddy bear who was in the crib pic) It'll go next to the bed once he comes, since there's the bassinet insert. Alas first we need to slightly move the bed and furniture to get it to fully fit. So we're BIDING OUR TIME.


I'm tired and hot now, I don't want to type anymore. We're in a storm hole and that makes me sad. Hopefully the next arm will hit us and not disintegrate! I want to run out and play in it!


Oh and Happy 28 weeks Peanut! It's after midnight! Your ability to blink is now activated, and you're forming grooves on your brain. Aww how smart you will be!



No comments:

Post a Comment