Saturday, April 16, 2011

Seventeen Weeks

17-turnip Peanut is -23 weeks old today, the size of a turnip. Yeah.... that's the problem with these food comparisons. Turnips can be fat, long, small... doesn't work so well. Obviously bigger than the poppy seed we started out at, and smaller than the pumpkin we'll end up with, but how much bigger than an avocado is that really? But approximately 5 inches from head to rump, and 5oz, easy to remember. And my book further elaborates to say about the size of my hand with my fingers outstretched... don't ask me what part of the baby is my palms and which part is fat like my outstretched fingers though :) 


Peanut and I are trying to stay calm. But our exhaustion streak seems to be continuing, I'm not confident that my deciphering of irs code really does mean I don't have to file quarterly estimates until after I file my first annual business taxes. Boi is 23 hours into his shift from yesterday, he decided there was so much to do he would work between shifts and come home sometime today. Could be as late as 6pm... but I'm hoping he gets out before that, since he worked all night... he's been working so many days, I couldn't relax last night, so I called him at 1am to confirm he was going to stay the night, then went and let the cats out. Sure I didn't sleep great with them in bed with me, but I would have slept worse alone.


My nose is constantly running today, more so than normal, could be partially from my hormones I guess, since I'm not being very calm, could be allergies, could be rhinitis of pregnancy. Yup, it has a name, the pregnant woman's runny nose. I'm enjoying educating my mom, all the symptoms have names, when I guess they didn't before or they just didn't bring it up? I don't know, but like when we went out for lunch, and I got a pain in my side, I was able to brush it off as round ligament pain, and mom was like, oh I didn't know they had a name for that. I guess it's the pros and cons of this day and age... there's a lot more information out there, information that can calm you and information that can stress you out.


Still no real definite 'hey that's a baby' feelings. There have been a few times now where I've felt weird things, but they've all felt different from  one another. I don't know if they're all just something else, some of them are from Peanut, or they're all just different movements from Peanut. Maybe next week I'll have a more definite idea. But even more than being excited to know for sure I'm feeling Peanut, is when Boi can start feeling Peanut. It can't be easy being the dad, just being the spectator. Dealing with my mood swings, my aches and pains, being ok one minute and gagging the next. It'll be a lot more fun for him once he can participate a little bit.


Ah great, PBS changed their lineup again. Well, it started on the right show, now it's doing some guy going to Morocco? Ok... and I hit the channel up button, and a new channel appeared? I was on 20-1 and hitting up takes me to the old pbs station... now on 80-32??? Hmmm maybe the old station lost it's signal and it tried to fix it and it fixed it weird.... oh well... 160 more days to go ^.^



2 comments:

  1. Everyone tells you how the baby feels when it moves or kicks and it's usually different for everyone. For me it felt like a muscle spasm coming from my stomach (the organ, not the area). To this day, sometimes I'll feel something inside there, like my stomach or my diaphragm or something and it'll spasm and it takes me back to the days when Olivia was the size of a turnip and trying to get my attention! Cherish this time because it will be over before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day it felt like that, but still no consistency in any of the feelings down there. Once it's that, the next day it's like popcorn, the next time it's like little vibrations. Etc, etc. I just decide that they're all them to give myself a little smile, but part of me doesn't completely believe it.

    ReplyDelete