Wednesday, March 23, 2011

ThunderSnow!

Last night Peanut experienced their first Thundersnow! We had a good time turning off the TV and just listening, as it went on for a couple hours. Too bad this morning that meant super wet and heavy snow. Boi wouldn't let me help him shovel, and then he hurt his back, a cat escaped, I dropped their food, now Boi is late for work. At least that's all over with, he should be at work by now, assuming the roads are mostly safe. Sigh - I should have told him to call when he got there.


Wonder if the neighbors think I'm just lazy. I did dishes while he was out there at least! Can't clean upt the cat food though until my morning gag reflux dies down a bit. Smells = bad


During the thundersnow Boi got hungry, and we had two slices of pizza left over from our trip down to Milwaukee on Sunday. So we split, him putting most of the topping on his piece. Mmm, a delicious way to get the extra 300 calories Peanut needs :) And there were still bits of veggies left on it to make it kinda healthy. I wish veggies didn't gross me out so much like they are right now, they didn't bother me a few weeks back, but maybe next week pizza will gross me out and all I'll want will be carrot sticks.


I still sometimes have a hard time imagining such a tiny little person inside of me. Somewhere around 3 inches tall from crown to rump now. They start doing full height around 20 weeks, when they tend to be a bit less curled up. I guess, it's not like I've been through this before. But no matter how big Peanut is, Boi says he's never had a hard time imagining it. He just pictures a dancing baby inside of me. Heh, I suppose that's one way to think about it. I guess I'm just being too literal, trying to imagine the mouth, the nose, the fingers. 



Dance baby dance! I know the non first time mama's on my board are all reporting to be able to sometimes feel their baby, but they're all a bit ahead of us firstimers. But I shouldn't expect to feel anything until at the earliest 16 weeks. But I still sometimes like to lie quietly, and try to feel for the  butterflies in my tummy. 16 weeks is, after all, only a litle over two weeks away :) And then I get to hear the heart at the clinic :)


And now I'm off to see if I can't get Boi's mouse to work.... hrm...



2 comments:

  1. What song is Peanut dancing to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question! Fortunately (or unfortunately since it means he won't be home for another 2 hours) Boi just called, and since it's his vision, he says the Macarena and Baby Elephant Walk :)

    ReplyDelete