Monday, March 21, 2011

Pregnant!

Bwaa haa haa, it may have taken us almost two years, but it's here. And we are. And it is exciting.


This blog keeps getting reworked, but everything keeps changing! First I get laid off, so I decide to turn it into a trip blog, then our trip gets canceled, and I get pregnant. I suppose some of the original posts about swimming with pink dolphins and eating my way out of cars made of mac and cheese are even more appropriate now though. I don't know. But it would be nice to some day build that car with Peanut, and take Peanut with me on an adventure to the pink dolphins.


We had our 12 week appointment on Thursday, St Patty's Day. Boi teased me that Peanut was going to be more Irish than me. I guess that's fair. Peanut will be like a 1/4 Bolivian, 3/16 Irish, 1/8 Swedish, 1/8 croatian, I guess that leaves.... 5/16 German. If any of you can help me in correcting any of those, let me know. But my mind is pretty satisfied with those figures.


Anyway. Peanut and I are both healthy. I could drink more water, I guess, I'm not sure how to possibly get more into me, but I guess I can try! Peanut's heartbeat is 160, but was apparently moving too much, or still too small and in a bad position for the doctor to get a read with the doppler, so we got a quick ultrasound. No, I didn't cry - I was too busy staring at the screen to cry. And it all went too quick, the doctor did a count on the heartbeat, said Peanut looked about the right size, pointed out a few features, gave me a few more seconds to stare, and it was over.


Have I been sick? Yes. Could I be sicker? Yes, so I've got that going for me. My morning sickness was starting to fade, but it's returned again, at least my headaches aren't as bad when I'm feeling miserable. And the heartburn has started. It's nice to be able to curl up and go back to bed whenever it gets bad at least.


Not much else to tell right now, I'm out on facebook, so I guess that means to the world. So Peanut and I have to stay sticky now for sure! Better go get myself another glass of water.


Peanut 12 weeks old



2 comments: