Monday, March 28, 2011

Bowling... Ow...

You wouldn't think bowling would be that hard. And supposedly if you've been doing the activity regularly before getting pregnant, you should be fine continuing to do it after. But even after lowering my ball weight, I still am having a lot of problems. At least last night was my last night, and I'll retire for the year afterwards, but my hip/thigh area took the beating. My back hurt as usual, and my leg, my leg has hurt since I started bowling league two years ago. It just  can't handle 3 games.


Ah well, I'll spend most of the day on the couch, per the norm. I may feel less sick, but it hurts less  lounging. Plus it's comfy!


We officially hit the second trimester on Saturday! Alas, no instant relief for me, but Peanut is 3.25-4 inches long (crown-to-rump) and weighs almost an ounce. His (it's an even  day so Peanut is a he) neck is getting longer, face less alien looking. Looking even cuter this week jamming to the Baby Elephant Walk.


I've heard I could pop (as in no longer just looking fat - actually looking pregnant) as early as 16 weeks, but more than likely closer to 20 weeks. Same range for feeling the baby. Until then, it just seems like one long waiting period. Some days I look super pregnant and can't wear my jean anymore, some days (like today) I'm pretty deflated. Yay bloat and organs getting shoved around! 


My poor insides -> http://www.msichicago.org/whats-here/exhibits/you/the-exhibit/your-beginning/make-room-for-baby/interactive/


At least Peanut's gonna be comfy with that extra room! Gotta look at the bright side there.



No comments:

Post a Comment