Friday, March 25, 2011

Baby wants Kiwi!

Yeah yeah, I was on a fruit thing the other day, it still sounds good, but I'm very happy that eating a kiwi calmed that down considerably. Actually, I was sitting here considering another one, and I was holding it, I realized that it's actually smaller than Peanut. Fatter, sure, but still smaller :) Awesome!


I've been researching baby products, today it's been car seats. Go for the 'travel package' and get the infant car seat with stroller, just get the car seat, go with a convertible car seat that will last the entire life of Peanut... went back and forth for awhile with my girl T, and I've settled on just getting an infant car seat. Plus then you can get the stroller you like, later on after winter, that doesn't necessarily compromise on the safety/comfort of one or the other. So Mom went out with me to Target to look at them, and to browse other items. Alas, as I figured, the most expensive model there WAS by far the nicest. Easy to unlock clasp, really comfy feeling, I liked the way the newborn head rest was secured, great reviews online.... ah well, some things really are more important than price I suppose. So it's on the registry!


Mmm just ate dinner. Ended up being cashews, kiwi and apricots. I figure I'll get carbs when I steal some of Boi's dinner later tonight. Prolly just make him spaghetti, easy go to favorite of his. Alas, Lidia is on Create TV cooking seafood, and now THAT sounds really good. And my sushi partner is in MN this week. Hrm, and I won't have a husband again tomorrow... oh well, if I still want it tomorrow, I'll figure something out.


Tomorrow I'm offically 14 weeks! That means I'll be officially out of the first trimester, which will mean no more sickness and exhaustion! (yeah right) I'm counting on it, and I'll have to have a stern chat with my stomach if I don't. At least my trip to Target tonight didn't completely wear me out. Whoops, just spilt some ginger ale on me, time for a change I guess. Ta!


 



4 comments:

  1. Car seats only last 3 years I think so you don't need one that goes longer than that. It will need to be replaced by then. Did you hear that there is a new recommendation that children be in rear facing carseats until age 2?
    Remember, infants car seats aren't "buckets" to carry an infant around in. I'm worried about all these babies that spend so much time in "buckets". I don't think that I have to worry about Peanut too much. I am sure he/she will get lots of "held time" by everyone :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful of sushi little mama! Check out the 'safe for pregnancy' fish list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And in front facing car seats till at least 4. I spent all day researching ;) And hopefully no fear of Peanut being a bucket baby, I first put on a baby wrap so I can wear Peanut as much as possible. And then I'll see how much I feel like I'll want a stroller vs carrying the baby full time in nicer weather. But I'll feel a lot safer being able to carry Peanut up a potentially icy driveway to visit Grandma in the winter in a car seat then I would carrying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, believe you me, I'm anal when it comes to the 'safe for pregnancy' fish list. There will be one shrimp or bit of fish in something, and I just outright considering it a serving, and I won't touch anything that is on the 'once in a while' list. I heard a story about a mom who craved tuna all through her pregnancy and her baby ended up being messed up :(

    ReplyDelete