Friday, January 3, 2014

Whisper of the Heart

Well, I checked out the movie, Whisper of the Heart, a little while ago, so we watched it tonight. It wasn't what I was expecting, Miyazaki usually has a much different style. However, nothing's wrong with a heartfelt story, right? There was enough tr
ains and cars in it to keep Peanut entertained on and off as well.

It's been an interesting few days, I knew exactly when the steroids wore off. All of a sudden his voice sounded hoarse, but it's been sounding a bit better every day. The power struggles have continued though, stemming a lot from his inability to communicate. Sometimes it takes us like 5 minutes just to nail what he wants to eat. Like, once you figure out he wants some kind of sandwich, then it's WHAT on the sandwich. And obviously it has to be just like he wants it.

We had a cute new phrase appear. Daddy ran to the store for milk, etc, and I saw him come back, so I told Peanut to look. But he just missed him, and he kept saying 'where daddy? Where daddy?' So I picked him up and carried him to the door, and... 'There daddy!' :D I melted a little inside. Also he's been saying 'the cow moo' for a little while, but today he said 'a cow moo.' So all that language is seeping in, just can't understand 99% of it. Maybe if I can find another really useful line in a book (not that the cow moo is useful) in a book and stress the hell out of it while reading, I can get him to use it. What book do we have that has something like that... maybe like in the Spot book, where he says that he's 'Not Sleepy' over and over again. That could be annoying, but I'd love it :D I'd give my arm to have a conversation with Peanut.

We took down the xmas stuff today, he had fun doing it. Though I can't find Stewart anywhere, so that box is still out. Need to get everything squared away. We went out and bought our three new ornaments for next year (we wait for everything to be major clearanced). I got a Kermit ornament, Boi got a R2D2 and of course... Peanut got a Thomas the Train. We also got this light up thingermabober, might put it on the front door or garage door... we'll see. It was like 3 bucks, and I was like, heck, why not. Next year we'll let him pick out something new for the house, he ought to be a bit more excited next year. This  year it was all fun, but he really didn't get all the concepts. Something about a santa who goes ho ho ho and ripping open presents and lots of lights and weeeee!

Hah, there was an old beared man in our movie tonight and he'd say 'ho ho ho' whenever he saw him. Well, time to enjoy a GF cookie Boi so thoughtfully made his family :D

No comments:

Post a Comment