Friday, January 17, 2014

Adventures in Potty Training

I thought yesterday was going to be the day. It was 8:15PM. No accidents all day. In a few minutes, we were going to head upstairs for his final potty break and to change into his nighttime diaper. A little early, however he could wear his diaper for a bit before bedtime, obviously it should stay dry. I announce our plans, giving him a few minutes to finish playing "Peanut, in 5 minutes we're going to go upstairs and use the potty, OK?" I get a resounding NO! Which is not unusual, especially when he's playing. Which is why I gave him the warning, to get it in that sweet little noggin that it's going to happen, so play now! But then he stops. Looks down at his legs. Completely still and quiet. And all I could think to myself was, "Oh no." A perfect day foiled, either by the mere mention of the potty or his unwillingness, hard to say. I raced him upstairs, but yeah, he was pretty wet.

However, today was the day! We thought maybe he had... However he had a milk accident. Spilled his whole cup everywhere. Have I mentioned he wants cups now? Which means sometimes he puts it down wrong and it spills. However this means he's drinking less (it takes him longer) so his bladder doesn't get as full. Which is excellent for learning how to hold it.

It was a fun day because Daddy was home. Fun for all of us! I made them buckwheat pancakes, we went out and shoveled, we got a package from Boi's cousin with awesome new train books and we looked at those. Watched some Sesame Street while snacking, but he was pretty full from all the pancakes. He took a niiiiiiice 2 hour nap, I sorted through picture stuff. He woke up and we watched the last bit of Thomas. Peed and his nap time diaper was dry, w0000t! We hung out, did some coloring and some reading. I started up some cheesy cauliflower, mixed together some more Gf flour mix to have on hand while Peanut attempted to snack on everything. We called up GG and video chatted for a bit, while consuming his daily apple, then hung up to mix together some cookie dough. It was already bath time, and he was really riled up. There is a book with a page where we are quiet for the secret train car, then LOUD FOR THE COW! He loves that. I had to sing a few songs to calm him down enough to rest. 

And that was our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment