Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Flu!

Ok, first of all, I think I solved the image issue. Stupid Google and they're need to integrate all their products.

So yeah, Friday night, Boi started feeling sick, it's flu. Two days later I started feeling like crap. The next morning, Peanut is obviously off his game. It seems that Peanut got over his fast though, he seemed better today while I still was not. The last two days has been Thomas Thomas Elmo Thomas Thomas Elmo.... Believe it or not he would come up to me and say 'no more haha.' Which is Thomas. And he won't let me play the season on Amazon that still has episodes we haven't seen because it shows Big Bird instead of Elmo. But then he was ready for more trains

I'm actually feeling pretty clear at the moment. I'm hoping that means I can go back to being a good parent, because it sounds like he's getting really close to more intelligible babble. I'd love to just spend all day with him, playing with him, and listening hard to figure out if I can figure out a few new phrases coming out of his mouth. But sometimes it's a challenge, it took me embarrassingly long to to figure out that haha was thomas, fortunately I picked up PP for Percy quickly. I want to read books with him, and not cough through the book. It's one of those things where two days of crappy parenting and you're so desperate to just get back into it.

Potty training. He had the accident Friday night. And then tonight. And no pee accident in between. So that's pretty awesome. I've bumped up mandatory potty breaks up to 75-90 minutes successfully. I was thinking of bumping it up again, but after tonight, we'll wait a bit more. He did know that not holding it was... not wrong... incorrect? He went uh oh, and I carried him upstairs quickly and put him right on. Fortunately I was right there. But he doesn't get a sticker, and he wanted one, and I felt a bit bad about that. He doesn't always remember the stickers, but this time he did. And I had to tell him that we get stickers when we stay dry. Continuing to walk the line of... it's not a punishment, but there's no reward.

But he did great on his day out with Gma and Gpa out at the train show. I'm going to see if they have any more pictures. But they said that when they walked in, he was so excited that he was shaking. And Gma said it was the best train show she'd been to, looking at it through the eyes of a 2 year old. And he behaved like a dream, so with any luck he bought himself another trip out with them in the near future. I bought them a carseat to be used! ;)

He's my awesome little boy :) I better be able to get off the couch tomorrow and play!




No comments:

Post a Comment