Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Great Play Doh Experiment!

I see Turkeys!!!
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeah we're still not up for play doh. He liked it and all, but his favorite thing to do was to tear off tiny pieces and throw them behind him :/ However I made him a 'bat' and 'ball' with them (I guess more like golf club?) and he had fun hitting it around. He also found some leftover beans in the fridge and ran it to me saying 'beans!' which surprised me... as it's not really something we talk about. Beans are usually in stuff, I just had half a can left over from our Mexican eggs (which he refused to eat). I'm always pretty excited when I hear a new word! If you haven't figured that out yet ;)

Hey, it's a bunch of pictures of the back of his head! You can thank Boi for the post tonight, as he's staying at work tonight instead of coming home... yay... ah well, he has afforded me the ability to work at home for the last... almost three years now. That's pretty freaking awesome. The first year being pregnant (A WHOLE YEAR!!!) and taking care of him the last two years. I'm so grateful for that... but I wouldn't mind if he was home for a little more of Peanut's life.  Aaaaaaaand the cat just set off the printer. Great. Half the ink that thing has gone through is thanks to her. Sorry no videos... I'll try to get on that soon... tired, it's midnight.

He's about to see a school bus
What else... we went for a walk today. He's not too happy about my "if it's under forty degrees we can't walk to the park" rule. But I distracted him with pine cones and got us to make the first turn away, and then the school bus (SCHOOL BUS!!!) came and he chased it towards home. I got him a new app on the iPad, the Wheels on the Bus or whatever. He's very into buses, and when I told him it was coming (it was down the hill so hard for him to see for him at half height) his eyes got all lit up and begged for me to pick him up. It was an experience.

We also got to work on feelings words. He didn't repeat any back, but he had quite the range of emotions today, and I tried to focus on telling him what (I thought) he was feeling. Hopefully someday soon he will yell 'MAD' at me (I figured that was easier to say then 'Angry' or 'Frustrated')

Well, I'm not sure what else, what happened yesterday... he hung out with Grandma for awhile. Boi was home in the evening and we all hung out. That was good. Yeah... the rest is a blank. Oh, he did wake up at a more normal time, perhaps the curse of day light savings is over. KMFX!

No comments:

Post a Comment