Monday, November 18, 2013

Fun week coming up!

Playing with water in the sink
We have a lot of excitement coming this week, we're going to go see Dinosaur Train Live! We've got his friend C coming along with us too. So it'll be twice the fun (or crazy headache!) But Boi got the day off, so we'll have one more adult than child, so hopefully that will give us the edge so that we can all enjoy the performance. As long as it has a fair amount of 'train,' we should be good.

I think he is officially napping. I always wait 30-45 minutes after laying him down to go check on him... and sure enough this time there was poop. A quick diaper change though and he was out 5 minutes later. I asked him before naptime if he had to, he said no, and we even used the potty. Sighs, some day... some day.

The kid has three toothbrushes, but he only likes the blue one. But it's getting really chewed up... it's only been in the last few weeks that he's consistently mimicked us brushing instead of just chewing on it and sucking out the water. We always brush all his teeth first then let him do what he wants with it. He always gets up on his stool, first grabs out my toothbrush (sometimes he tries to give me daddy's) then he grabs the blue one, then I have him turn on the water as I get his toothpaste. After I do his, I brush mine, and he giggles and tries to copy my motions.

Today's motto is, have fun and clean up! We won't do anything that feels like work, but we're cleaning as we think of lots of fun games. We looked for D words today, the Dinosaur Train episode (gearing up his excitement and understanding for it) the dishwasher, a toy dog, his baby doll. Then I just made sure I spent a few minutes after he'd lose interest to straighten up things wherever we were while he engrossed himself in pushing a train or a truck around. And now I get to play a little on the computer! Yay!

Hmmm, I need to start thinking about what we're doing for dinner. I may just play it easy, open up a can of peas and make him a grilled cheese. Then I won't make a real big mess in the kitchen. Of course, I have some canned pumpkin in the fridge I should finish up... hopefully it hasn't been in there too long, I doubt it. I could make some pumpkin bread with that. If he's getting pumpkin bread, should he have grilled cheese? Well, I guess he'd just get some of that as a snack. Ok, well, I guess I like that plan. I want to use up that pumpkin, and he'd still get some fruit to snack on later tonight as we watch wheel. Then with any luck Boi will be home shortly after 8!!! I won't have to do bedtime myself, doo dah, doo dah! I suppose I should go empty the dishwasher so that I'm primed to have that kitchen clean before he gets home!

No comments:

Post a Comment