Friday, February 14, 2014

Yellow Cow Moo

Apparently I didn't ever publish this. It's been forever, just going to cross my fingers and hit publish!

Part of this phrase 'yellow cow moo' is my fault. Because when he says 'Milk' it sounds like 'No'. So the day he noticed that there was a cow on the carton of milk, I decided to start calling it 'Cow Milk' but Peanut just chimed in with 'cow moo.' We almost always get 2%, but the expiration date on it wasn't as nice as the 1%, so I picked that up. This is the first time we've had 1% in the house, and so everytime he goes in the fridge, he sees that yellow cap and get so excited and says 'Yellow Cow Moo!'

So it means he wants milk.

Yeah, we're pretty awesome here.

We watched the Olympics last night, which was an awesome opportunity to work on colors. Alas when the Russians walked on in the parade, we were serenading with a bunch of 'Ho Ho Ho's'... since they were wearing Santa-esk outfits. With the fur and what not.

A note, he slept past his 3 hour wakeup. Ugh, I was so happy for that. I went to bed early, then when Boi crawled in, I noticed the hour had passed, and I was so relieved. He still woke up a bunch, but maybe we've broken him of that habit now. Ultimately poop woke him up.

And it woke him up just now too. How to get him to stop pooping in his diaper and in the potty... it's gotten to the point that I need to figure something out. Right now he's in bed naked. Well, bottomless at least. Hear me out, he woke up waaay too early from his nap. And he was unhappy about it, and about the status on his butt. So I cleaned him up... and then since I didn't have another cloth diaper handy, I just plopped him back into bed.


Ok, time passed, the bed thing went fine, but OMG I just have to share. We were playing downstairs, I asked him if he needed to use the potty. We brought down his old little potty weeks ago to help remind him, but he's always ignored it. Today he jumped up, said potty and pointed at it. I said sure, why not, and we used it. I told him we didn't have toilet paper, but it would be fine this one time. He disagreed, got up, ran to his play kitchen, grabbed a plate??? and brought it back and tossed it in. Ok, well, I guess a plate works as toilet paper in the sense that you can put it in there. Sure. Why not.

Also, random, I love how he happily says 'helicopter' but train is still 'choo choo.' Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment