Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Overwhelming few days!

Well, it's been busy. Damn busy. I had written up a post, but apparently did not save it. So you know, it sucks but I'll move on. Highlights, Friday was Grandpa's last day of work, he's now retired. We spent our weekend over there as family convened for a fun weekend of crafts, scrapbooking, trains and fun. Peanut enjoyed it all immensely, here he is at the train museum. Both of his cousins got to control a train, while shorty here demanded to be carried non-stop so that he could see what was going on. H volunteered to hold him from time to time though. She's a good kid ;)


On Monday I started a new job. It was fun, I got to work with cheese, what's not to love? So things went well, I think, and then after picking up Peanut, I pulled into the driveway and heard the train. So I backed back up and headed down the hill and saw it. It was a nice looooooooooong train, so I pulled onto a side road and we just watched it come (and go). That night though I hurt my neck, it's been cropping up everynow and again so I'm trying not to play crazy with Peanut. He got a cut on his hand :( on the inside. And his damn rash won't go away on his left cheek. But he's happily napping right now. He'll actually likely wake up soon here.

Yesterday we headed out to Boi's new store, and we hit up the peanut butter, and Peanut and I decided we'd make peanut butter cookies. I've made flourless peanut butter cookies before, they're ok... but I like the cookie texture. So I googled a recipe that had a GF flour in it. Alas I thought the recipe looked stupid, no egg, and sure enough the first batched sucked. Tasted fine, but was like a peanut butter crumble. So I beat some egg into the remainder and they turned out way better. I'm going to make up a new recipe to try based off of it. A little less four and an egg, and see how it goes.

Peanut was a big fan of the idea of making cookies though. From the moment we got home he had that jar of peanut butter constantly in my face. I guess we named him right!

Hoping this constant lethargy I'm fighting wears off by tonight, I've got so much I need/want to get done. Just vacuuming the house, man, we've been so busy that the basics aren't getting done well. We still have one more family trip out of the house today, but then we should be good to go for an evening of fun tonight. It's Uncle M's bday, so we'll give him a call/facetime, promised to have facetime with GG, so we'll do that. Annnnnnnnnnnd hopefully clean up before the facetime. Bleh!

No comments:

Post a Comment