Sunday, March 25, 2012

Six Months

Peanut is 6 months old.

SIX MONTHS OLD.

6 months ago at this time (820 as this paragraph is being written) my water had been broken and they were likely trying to make things worse with pitocin.

Yay pitocin. You're a bitch.

By 9-930 it was clear we weren't getting anywhere. I'm guessing at least, I was too far gone to know what time it was.

Oh little boy. The pain you caused me. All 6lbs 5oz of pain you were. Back breaking pain. 5 minute long contractions you little squirt. Then the spinal came. And I was good. And then you came. And then all was good. And not just because they knocked me out after that with the good drugs.

Oh, but I love you. So you're forgiven. THIS TIME! Last night he woke up to whimper twice before we went to bed, but then he stayed asleep for the rest of the night w/o a feeding. Glorious. Too bad we woke up early due to a phone call :/ I don't have a problem with feeding him at 5am, which is our normal, but I have no problem with skipping it.

We had THE BEST 6 MONTH PARTY EVER! Well it was the best until Kairi popped a balloon. I made a banner and hung up balloons and got him a present and made a fishy dessert. He jumped and Grandpa sang to him old boyscout songs. We ate food and he just got milk, his next one will be better. SMASH CAKE!

We just got finished feeding him carrots and green beans. He ate it like a champ, after he got acclimated to his chair. He's also learning about the sippy cup. I'll have to ask the doc about juice and whatnot, what he can/should be learning how to drink the the next 2 months, if anything. But since he doesn't like bottles, I thought maybe Mom could try milk in this instead. We'll see. So far he eats...


  • Avocado
  • Butternut Squash
  • Sweet Potatoes
  • Carrots
  • Peas
  • Green Beans
  • Bananas
  • Peaches
  • Apples
  • Prunes
  • Oatmeal
Next up we have pears and grapes. The grapes are harder to prepare, so I'm cheating on that. We have a healthy balance of cheating and homemade. Balance is good. Right now I'm using disposable diapers because for some reason his diapers are leaking after an hour the last two days :/ I'm hoping something just happened when I washed them last, I'll do a double rinse on them this time and see how they go.

No comments:

Post a Comment