Friday, March 16, 2012

Our First Long Stroll

We took a 3 mile walk today, to the nearest 'bigger' grocery store. Keep in mind that it was winter when I got pregnant, then when things got nicer I developed SPD, then I went and had myself a c/section, and then it was winter again. So generally I'm in fairly crappy shape. My legs and shins were kiiiiiillling me. And it's not like it's a 3 mile walk on flat ground. I live on a hill. Sigh. But we did it, and i got myself a couple cheater things of baby food, which I used tonight since I was feeling sorry for myself for being so sore. So Peanut had carrots for the first time. Didn't seem to mind them too much either.

Ah but I'm jumping around. So yes, we took the walk. I kept thinking to myself, man maybe I should just turn around now. But I told a few people I was going to do it, so I had to finish it. We went over the highway on the way there, it was alright going that way, not much in the way of sidewalks though. As long as there's not much traffic though it's fine. He did good in the store, and I used the pouch underneath as my shopping cart. Picked myself up some liquid refreshment for the walk back, and took the busy underpass road on the way home. Had to cut through the Shopko parking lot till I got to where the sidewalk started, and we had to deal with traffic lights. Though we had more shade on the way back, which was good since we were walking into the sun, and his feeties lacked sunblock, but I was hitting up every shadow I could to keep him protected. I ended up with a tiny bit of color, but he looked fine. Winning!

Then we walked through one of the parks by us during the grueling climb up the giant hill we live on. I stuck him in one of the seats, here he is swinging! (Alas I discovered he was quite damp on his bottom when I got him out of the stroller >.>)




But by the time we got to the park the worst was over. It was just another 5 minutes of nothing too horrible and we were home. I was suuuuuuuuper hot, but I was full in the sun, he seemed ok, his torso was warm but his limbs were cool, yay for shade! I changed his diaper and his outfit, and he likely could have gone down for a nap, but I didn't want to stick him in his warm sleeper until I was sure he was cool. So we chilled out for awhile, he nursed, I rested my weary legs. Then he napped 2.5 hours *heeeeeaven* I got loooooads done around the house.

I didn't actually manage to get any good stills of his standing extravaganza. We were having fun before this, I sat him right next to the chair and he was having fun feeling it. But then he got bored and I tried to get him to move around a bit, but all he would do was rotate a bit, and wouldn't go after his toys. So I figured, fine then, you have no interest in rolling onto your tummy, or doing much of anything productive on your tummy, so who knows when you'll even think about wiggling around on your belly, let's just go straight to standing! And lo' and behold, that was what you wanted.

He grabbed on like a pro, one handed from time to time, and jammed away on the little piano on his jumper. I had to make him sit down at one point so I could walk away, and he was desperately clawing at the poles, trying to figure out how to pull himself back up.

Oh boy.

No 40 minute wakeup tonight, maybe he'll sleep till 9am! Wishful thinking, but I did go ahead and take the swing out of his room. Progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment