Sunday, March 4, 2012

Just Another Day In The Neighborhood

Peanut and a chaotic mess of toys!
March has come in, for days now, and I have neglected to blog. Whoops, my bad! Peanut is now sitting independently :D He still will topple if he tries to crane his head quickly or is handling an oversized toy, but I can plop him down on the floor on his butt, make sure there are a few pillows around him, and go about my business while he plays. It's aweeeesome! He loves it too! Alas, in turn I'm also noticing the begining of some separation anxiety. It's not so bad if he's having fun or distracted, but if he's chilling out and I'm out of sight, he usually freaks out. We were visiting a friend the other day and we were at the mall and she was holding him and walked away with him to get some grub, and apparently when he realized that in the big scary chaotic place that I wasn't in eyeshot anymore, he freaked out and she had to rush him back over to me. Poor little boy, emotional growth is hard! But necessary! He had a lot of fun on that visit, he got a bit cranky, but fortunately he didn't resist his nap... too long...

Momma, I can kick and play?!
Hmmm what else has been happening. The bathroom hasn't been exciting. We were supposed to get the window in on Friday but he didn't show. He did show up on Saturday to set up the scaffolding though, and apologized for not showing up. Window now on Monday! We'll give Peanut a bath again on then after that! Oh! His first big boy bath! It's so slippery and fun! I'm halfway considering buying him this http://www.amazon.com/Dream-On-Me-Niagara-Green/dp/B005FIPDYU but I dunno, we'll see how the next few weeks go. I kinda like jumping in there with him too. But it would be nice for him to be more stable. It's one of those 'nice to have' things. Hah, I've got a nice long list of 'nice to haves' though :D Maybe when my points build back up.

I've got to buy him underwear though! Gasp! My mom's group is putting together a book, all the letters, numbers, colors and shapes, every baby gets one. We picked "U" so my tentative plan is that U is for Underwear, and I'll have him in an upside-down umbrella surrounded by underwear, and some on his head :) Figure though, no harm in buying it early, right? I'm thinking superheroes!

Laying in your Rock 'N Play is for babies!
Next week is our anniversary <3 I bought a Groupon for a photo shoot at JC Penny's, so we're going then to get our first 'official' family picture. I have no idea what we're going to wear though :/ Maybe I can borrow a pair of pants from K? I'm not feeling my cozy khaki's for the picture, and all I've got to wear besides that are loungewear, one pair of blue jeans and maternity pants. Stupid stomach flub. I was losing weight, but alas, the "pouch" isn't going away any time soon, and I have no idea how to dress myself anymore with that, I'm not used to my stomach being the largest part of my body.


Mom and Dad are in Texas visiting Sister, we Skyped tonight, Peanut impressed them by gobbling down avocado-applesauce, sitting and playing, kicking his legs and chilling out on his tummy. Someday video chats will be more fun, when he realizes that the faces on the screen are somewhat interactive.

No dust bunnies under the bed!
I ate wheat, and no noticeable reaction! I started out small though, and we're working our way up, today I had actual pasta. So far so good. He's sleeping good so far tonight - but that's because he's in his swing. He's in his swing until Wednesday, hopefully on Wednesday we're going to get Seymour the Seahorse. He lights up and plays gentle music when squeezed. If that doesn't help his sleep, we're going to invest in some weighted sleepsuits :/ I know we're getting to the point where he's a big boy and he needs to learn not to wake up every 40 minutes in his crib. But he sleeps so darn good in his swing, we're just continuing on the 'whatever works' theory for a bit longer. He should only wake up once tonight, around 5am. If he were in his crib he would have already woken up at least once, if not two or three times. Exhausting.

Stripping diapers? Not making baby stew?




So assuming wheat goes ok, I'm going to try soy. Supposedly around 6 months he can start to grow out of his allergies. But I want to give him some time, giving up dairy/soy/wheat did a number of things for us, including him nursing better instead of kicking and screaming. I want to make sure that doesn't return as it builds up back in my system. But the lack of immediate reaction is great!

So yeah, tomorrow is going to be great, window, Boi will be home, I have a few things in mind to do. Hopefully the day goes as good as I'm planning it to. I really should get a haircut sometime too, it's getting pretty darn long.

New outfit for him tomorrow as well! I purchased something for him *gasp* with money and not credit card bonus points! But it was on clearance. Well, the outfit was, not the cute hat. But damnit if it wasn't completely perfect for the upcoming nice weather!

Gonna go play with Boi now, we only have so much more time left in WoW before it's gone again!

I almost forgot! Here's the latest video up on YouTube. He's got abs of steal. Plus he's a ham with his yawns ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment