Monday, June 1, 2015

Busy Busy June

We've entered our third trimester! It's starting off full of painful kicks, making it harder for me to breath and hurting my back. But everything is managable yet, fortunately. Trying to get a lot done in June so if I have to cut back the rest of the summer I'll feel less guilty.

Peanut saw his Great Grandma and family yesterday in a get together, he behaved as well as one could hope. Then this Thursday we go back in to take another peek at Almond, hopefully she behaves better. And in one week I get to go in for my glucose test. After that appointment there's one more I'm not particularly looking forward to, and also just the 2 week appointments in general. This summer can go by quickly for all I care. I know I'll regret saying that in winter, but I'm glad right now that Almond is going to be my last.

Peanut's upstairs singing Enterprise to his train movie. I'm going to give up soon and have him help me make some blueberry rhubarb sauce, our plant is out of control. Rhubarb that is, it doesn't look like my blueberry bushes survived being transplanted. I don't know, I won't say that yet. Just they look unchanged since early spring, which is troubling. Excited that it looks like both my bulbs and kohlrabi are coming up. My peas still I can't tell if any of the teeny weeds are pea shoots, so likely they didn't do well. But mom gave me some more seeds to try, I think I'll plant those in a different spot and give mine one more week to come up. Tomatoes are still good.... oh shoot I was going to go buy eggplant today. But I don't really want to get in the car again right now... it can likely wait another day.

I wanted to have themed weeks over the summer, I'm not sure what to call this week yet though. We're kind of busy for a lot of the week to go anywhere else, but we did go up Rib Mountain this morning. Maybe rock week, hehe. We can draw pictures of rocks? Make a rock collection? We climbed rocks today. I dunno, I'll think on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment