Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Week Of The Cold

Him and Mr Veggie made me a birthday cake :)
Well, as the title suggests, the Peanut and I both have colds. Though his nose was only drippy for a day, and I'm a few days behind him, so hopefully it'll all be done and over with soon. He's hopefully taking a train nap right now with Mr Veggie, I'm enjoying my DayQuil and doing a few things. What's going on with the 'Nut, hmmm. He's been loving to sing Twinkle Twinkle and Old MacDonald lately. We're getting him to switch who he sings Happy Birthday to. He's been insistent on waking up before 7AM, though I guess it's a give and a take, would I rather him take forever to fall asleep or wake up a bit early.

I've gotten up to the Texas trip for the scrapbook. I'm soooo far behind, I wanted to be caught up for his birthday. Which is one month from today.

HAPPY 35 MONTHS BUDDY! Holy cow he's about to be 3. He's a happy active loving kid. He's acting his age - with his rambunctiousness, he's limit-testing, his love of the word no. Which I still don't mind. Yeah, he's getting harder to fool. It's getting harder to bypass that 'NO!' But it's just forcing me to be more clever. We now offer him to take a shower in our tub or the hall tub. Getting to choose which fools him to start bedtime. Not sure what we'll do when that stops working, but we'll figure it out. Or maybe he'll finally stop resisting everything and enjoy the idea of taking a bath instead of just enjoying it after the fact.

Well that actually won't work anymore, noticed some water damage from underneath the hall tub. GREEEEEEEEEEAT! Especially when we've already committed to getting our windows replaced. He didn't want to listen to stories tonight. but he also didn't want us to not read. So in the end we just turned off the light, and softly talked to him till he calmed down. And he actually went to sleep, so it all worked out.

Well, regardless, tomorrow I have to make Mr Veggie's birthday cake. It's a special one, it needs to be cooked tomorrow and cooled overnight. It'll be half cake and half flan.

No comments:

Post a Comment