Thursday, August 1, 2013

Wacky Wednesday

Mid Swing
Today is Uncle A's birthday! So we are planning a fun filled evening of video chatting with him. In the meantime, on Wednesdays we try to have a lot of crafty fun. We got going a little slower this morning with Boi home (I like to just let him do what he wants unless I actually have a timeline) but I have things set up for after he wakes up for nap now that he's at work. And I'm sneaking in some cleaning, since we did a ton of cooking yesterday and it only got so clean last night (though props for Boi for helping clean up after work).

Last night we were looking for something fun to do too, and Peanut hasn't been eating well (teeth, I saw a new one broken through this morning actually) so I figured it was an excuse to make the boys some brownies. I considered healthy brownies... but that didn't happen. So Peanut had fun tasting things. I tried to let him help me stir, but I still can't get him to do more then stick the spoon in and try to eat it.  Soooo I went for a different tactic.

As I was making it, I dipped my finger in sugar and let him suck on it. Yum! Then we tried again with cocoa powder, yuck! Then I did sugar and cocoa powder. Yum! And I told him about how we mixed everything together so that things would taste even more amazing together. I didn't quite get to how bitter vegetables add complexity to meals though, as he pooped, and it was messy, so we went upstairs and he took a shower and I finished when Boi came home a bit into bathtime. I don't think he would have cared for that additional lesson though anyways.
He picked out the apple himself!

Ok, it was his birthday. I didn't publish this so now it's MY birthday month. HAHAHAHA! Day one of my birthday month I'm eating ice cream and I have Peanut at Grandma's house for the day. Really that's just because I have work and my back is still in pain. Last week I had 2-3 days of Boi and Grandma's major help in taking care of him and it helped my back loads, but I hurt it again Monday, and it's just been getting worse since. So hopefully I can kick it this time. Well, not kick it. But you know.

That's enough time on my butt, time to keep the old back limber and get up and do some cleaning. Then we can just have lots of fun tonight when he comes home! I like having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment